Just Relax

You were cleaning up after the short shift, trying to figure out where you were going to eat. "Ah... I haven't eaten I two days..." You murmur. Kid and Law look over at that.
"Seriously?" Kid huffs.
"Well yesterday I slept in too late and had run here. Then we went to the fights and... Yeah, two days." You hum.
"Alright, lets go get something to eat then." Law decides as the three of you head to get changed.
"I need a shower too, maybe I'll go to the bathhouse after that." You mutter.
"I live next to that, it'll probably be late by the time you get out, you could spend the night at my place." Kid offers.
"Really? Alright, I'll have to get somethings before I head to do that." You smile lightly.
"Good." He breathes as the three of you head out.
"Ramen sound good?" Law inquires.
"Not very filling... What about sushi?" You ask him.
"Even better." He nods.
"They serve beer there right?" Kid guesses.
"Yeah. I think we all could use one." You comment.
"At least there's one perk to serving dead people." Law smirks.
"Pity discounts." You and Kid chuckle together. That was the discounts they gave those who had to work with the undead, since you could be attacked at anytime during work. Kinda nice though, who wouldn't want to eat half off?
Soon you and your coworkers walk into the sushi stand, sitting on the stools and looking over the rolls. "Awesome, they finally got dragon rolls again!" You gush.
"They ran out so fast last time because of you." Kid teases.
"Nu-uh..." You scoff looking away from him.
"He's right." The chef comments, making you look at the silver haired man as he puffs on two cigars.
".... Oops..." You glance down while Law chuckles in amusement.
"You're back? I thought you became an officer." Kid comments to the man.
"I am an officer, but they're not as needed as I anticipated." He sighs.
"What do you mean Smoker? I thought they crime rate was up again?" You tilt your head.
"Apparently they found an 'effective' way to half the criminal numbers." Smoker shrugs. You and Kid glance at eachother, that certainly sounded familiar.
"That sucks, being an officer suits you better... Even if the other chef wasn't very good at making rolls." You murmur. His lips lift at that.
"Were you the one sending those rants to my door?" He inquires. You shift as Kid and Law look at you at that.
".... He was also an asshole..." You grumble looking to the side. Kid snickers while Law moves a hand in front of his mouth to hide his smile.
"Wow ___, why don't you just say you have a crush on him." Kid teases.
"I do not have a crush on him. Sure, he's a very good looking man who's a surprisingly good chef.... He's more um... Marriage material." You state, putting a knuckle to your chin. Kid laughs while pink dusts Smoker's cheeks. Law raises an eyebrow at that.
"Then what does that make me?" the raven haired man asks lightly. You look at him and let out a heavy breath, looking away without an answer.
"What the hell does that mean?" Kid huffs. Law just looks at you confused.
"Then what about him?" Law points to Kid. You look at Kid briefly.
"Marshmallow boyfriend material." You nod.
"Why a marshmallow?!" Kid frowns while Smoker chuckles in amusement.
"I can see it." The chef sets the plates of sushi in front of you three.
"How!?" Kid snaps, obviously bothered about being compared to a fluffy sweet thing.
"... That's going to bother me now." Law murmurs.
"Don't think about it too much please." You hum before eating. They sweatdrop as you immediately take down a few plates of sushi.
"Slow down there..." Kid mutters.
"But is so good." You hum.
"Mercury poisoning is a thing." Law comments.
"Sweet poison." You gush.
"Its pointless talking to you sometimes." Law sighs.
"Yep." You hum paying for the three of you. "Im off to pick up clothes, go to bathhouse and then spend the night at... Your place right?" You look to Kid.
"Yeah, I'll wait outside the building for you." He nods, getting up as well.
"Alright, see you later Law." You pat his back as you leave. You hurry home grabbing somethings for the bathhouse before heading to it. Normally you didn't care for the place, but today you felt that a nice long soak in a mineral rich bath was just what you needed after all the bullshit from yesterday.
It takes a while, but you smile when the large bathhouse comes into view. You reach it, paying the toll in order to get into the more extravagant baths. You walk into the bathing area, pleasantly surprised to find it empty. Looking over the labels, you find one you like and turn on the faucet before easing into the large tub and relaxing in the water.
After washing up in the bathhouse, you get dressed and head out spotting Kid leaning on the building next to it. You blink and smile going over to him as you peer up at the darkening sky. "You're right, it is too late to head home for me." You comment.
"I knew you would take a while in there... But that's alright, I had to clean up anyway." He comments before leading you up the stairs to his apartment. Kid pushes the door open and you ease in, peering around.
"This is surprisingly nice for an apartment next to a bathhouse." You comment looking around.
"Yeah, it was a steal." He rumbles, taking your bag. "You can stay in the other room." He goes over to the door, opening it and setting your bag on the desk. You peek in, catching the scent of lemon.
"You deep cleaned it?" You guess.
"I couldn't sleep last night and he doesn't need it anymore..." He rubs his neck. You give him a questioning look. "He... Was one of the fighters that didn't make it yesterday." He admits. Your heart sinks slightly, and you hug his side. He blinks at you, resting his arm around you.
"I can come spend the night more often if you miss having a roommate." You offer.
"It's alright, don't worry about me." He assures, ruffling your hair softly. "Hey, I found some old movies. You want to watch with me?" He asks.
"Really? That would be great!" You smile at him.
"Alright, lets see what we got."
It was kind of rare for someone to have an old television, they stopped production of televisions and phones and entertainment technology in order to protect the human race from death. Kid happened to be a genius though, rigging up his own entertainment.
The two of you watch a few movies before he moves to a window, sitting on the windowsill and looking out. You blink, watching him in the dim light before getting up and going over to him, kneeling down and resting your chin on your arms on the windowsill.
"It's still bothering you, isn't it?" You murmur.
"No... What's bothering me is what will happen if they find out that you're alive. That's probably going to draw a lot of attention to you." He sighs. You blink and frown at the city outside the window.
"It's too late to worry about this now, nowhere to hide in this tiny city anyway." You hum and get up, "Come on, lets go to bed." You add before heading to the room. He blinks before following after you. Crawling into the bed, you stretch a bit.
"Night ___." He breathes, stopping in the doorway.
"Hey Kid."
"Hm?"
"Its going to be okay... And if something does happen, it's my problem okay?"
"Right..."
".... Will you stop looking at me like that if I let you cuddle me?"
"Shut up... Scoot over."
"Alright... Sleep tight."
"You too..."