"Why the hell is there a spider on your door?"

"KurapikAaaaaAa!!!!!!" You whined, tugging on his arm. "It's okay! Just don't look at it!"

Of course the blonde didn't listen, and he went right up to the big decorative spider sitting on the door and tore it down, disposing of it in the garbage can next to him, and he made his way back over to you. At least his eyes fanned down.

'God. Why do you have to be so stubborn?'

"Hold on, we'll be right back."

Excusing yourself, you dragged Pika out of the backyard and into the front as you let out an annoyed huff. A slight sweat drop bled down your face.

"Dude!" You threw your arms out on each side of your body, then let them fall back down in an irritated way.

"I apologize...." Kurapika shot you a small smile knowing that would make you stop whatever rant you were going to go on about this time. Unfortunately for him, that didn't stop you.

"This is the second time! I get your whole, "oh I have a phobia of spiders" thing, but really?" You reminded him of the other time this happened when you guys started dating.

Kurapika ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry. You have to accept my small fe-"

"SMALL?!"

"(Y/n)..."

"Come on Kurapika....I'm here to help you along with this. When I gave you advice on not to pay any attention to the fake spider just a few moments ago you didn't even acknowledge that."

"I can say the same about you. May I include that your habit is just as bad as mine?"

You rose a brow. "What habit?"

"Your compulsive lies."

"I already told you last night I wouldn't lie to you anymore!"

"I'm aware. Even so, I've had to deal with them for a full year."

"D- don't switch the subject! This is about you." You pursed your lips together in a thin line. Little animated tears formed in the corners of your eyes. Kurapika almost stole your thunder! Not okay. 

He shrugged and crossed his arms over his chest. "Fair enough. What precisely are you going to lecture me about?"

"Nothing. I'm not going to lecture you about anything. I just want to know what I can do to help you get through this."

"I assure you that there is nothing you can possibly do. I'm fine dealing with this on my own. Nothing will change what has burdened me."

You gave Kurapika a sad look.

"Come on (Y/n)... Don't look so crestfallen. No one in this world could ever help me. I have to achieve that goal on my own. Only I can help myself. Each individual has their own time to heal. My time just takes a little longer than most."

"Yeah, I know that. I just wish I could help you recover from this. It seems like you're never going to get better."

Kurapika grabbed your hand and held it tightly.

"Don't fret about it."

***
Later in the evening you had actually went into the pool. You had never been filled with so much anxiety in your life. Especially since Kurapika had his arm around you. He could easily - but accidentally - tug the back of your shirt down a little to expose that certain little spider on your back shoulder.

It must have been around twelve a.m. because the moon had ended up in the middle of the sky. Not many people seemed that tired though. You, on the other hand couldn't wait to go home. It had been a long evening of hiding away in the shadows trying to prevent any bad thing that could possibly happen to you.

"Mehh...Kurapika....when are we leaving?" You whispered while looking up at him with a stressed out look on your face. Only, he was busy talking to the person floating across from him, so he couldn't quite hear you.

'Where the heck is (B/f) when I need her? Jeez.'

----
Hehehehe c:< yes that's a pic of Lucoa up there. I thought that she would be perfect for visualizing my ideas on a bathing suit. Also, look at the Kurapika pic!! I saw that and I cried from how cute he looks.