We've been in here talking for at least 30 minutes. Anytime he touched me I missed him even more. Movie nights, staying up late just talking, cooking just about anything, walks, going to the park. What we had, I don't think I could duplicate it if I tried.

"I'on wanna hurt you and if you ain't ready for us I'm ight wit' that. Just know I'd never do anything to hurt you. " The sincerity in his voice sold me the most. If he was ready I was ready. I removed his fingers from my chin and held his hand in mine. I used my other hand to hold the right side of his face as I kissed him. It was slow but intense. He let go of my left hand and pulled me a little closer. His lips felt the same: so soft you could melt in them. Our tongues glided with the same movement showing how in sync we were.

His left hand snaked to the back of my neck while the kiss slowed down. I pulled back to examine his face. A goofy grin spread across his lips. "Good to have you back, Sai-Sai."

"Can we get out of here?" I pecked his lips once more. He stood and I followed, scooting closer to him. Eli put his hand on my lower waist as we walked to the door, sending familiar butterflies up my spine.

Elijah

Elijah

"Can you buy me a donut? Please Eli?" She pouted a little bit to convince me. I don't even know why she bothered. "You already know you'n gotta beg. I can't say no to you." She smiled hard as I pulled out of the spot. It was good that she asked because I had to stall a lil bit. I asked Neisha to put something together at her place and I ain't know if she was ready.

I let Sai go in first. "I'll be right there gimme a second," she nodded and went into the donut shop. I stayed in the car to call Neisha. "You set?" I asked. It wasn't really a lot to do except for put up some balloons and get a couple of Sai's favorites, including pancakes. "Yeah almost. How far are you guys?" I let her know where we was at and ended the call. She'd send me a confirmation text when everything was fully set up. I got out the car and followed Sai inside.

"Can I have a glazed sour cream donut and a cinnamon bun. And I'll take a dozen..." she finished the order off and I paid for the total. What she ordered was in a bag and the dozens in boxes. Sai put it in the backseat and sat in the front.

Before I started the car she kissed my cheek, and eventually all over my face. "I miss kissing you." I definitely missed her kisses. Honestly I didn't think she would be open to listening to what happened between me and my ex. That's another reason why I liked her so much: she was understanding. Not all the time, but when she needed to be.

When I asked Neisha to help me talk to Sai, I didn't think she'd do it. On the real I didn't even think Sai would believe me. But everything worked out as planned, and I was beyond grateful.

A couple minutes into the drive, I got the text telling me everything was ready. "Can I chill at your place?" She took a bite of her donut and nodded as she chewed. We pulled up to the complex and I put the code in so the gate would open. After parking the car directly in front of her loft I went outside to open the door for her.

"How you even know we was going to Benihana's? Did Neisha put you up to this?" I ain't answer her question but I did grab her hand. "Let me get the donuts, hold on." I had to let go of her to get 'em out the back seat. She took her keys out and unlocked the door right as I made it back.

Inside was the whole group of friends, plus one girl I didn't recognize, and when we walked in they all started screaming different things, but the loudest was Shawn.

"He got her back, yes sis! Get ya' mans back!!" She laughed at him but took time to admire everything they did. It was gold, white, and sage green balloons everywhere, with big gold ones that spelled out 'Saijah', the couple name Neisha and A made up for us early on in our relationship. I remember laughing so hard when Sai told me how much they talked about me when I wasn't there.

"Who did this? Neisha Imma kill you. And both of y'all matter of fact. Did you put this together?" Sai turned to me but Ada went on to explain what happened. "Neisha and Eli put it together, we was just bystanders," she put her hands up innocently, "Don't stab me while I'm sleeping."

"We just ate an hour ago but it sho'll is a lot of space left fa' them donuts." I ain't know the person speaking so everyone sensed my confusion.

"Shit happened since you was gone. This Bree," Neisha introduced her. She nodded and smiled. "So you Eli, huh?" I nodded.

"Good to finally meet you," Bree said. We talked a bit about how she met the girls before Ada came over and started talking to her about something, pulling her over to the couch to investigate what was on Ada's phone. They jokingly bickered and Kaiden went over to instigate.

"So everything good now?" Shawn asked me and Sai. Him and Neisha were silent waiting for our reply, which made the rest of the room get quiet too.

I pulled Sai close and let my hand snake down her waist and rest on her ass. I leaned down and kissed her making sure to suck on her bottom lip. She put her hand on my neck to stabilize herself.

"Okay, okay we get it!" Kaiden said, making us all laugh. "If I can't kiss A up in here with everybody watching, y'all can't kiss each other either." He crossed his arms and Bree opened her mouth to speak. "We gon have to add another person to the group cuz I refuse to be up in here with three couples, just left out."

It was really funny how everything worked out, in the beginning Shawn and Neish were the only couple. Now everybody grouped up, except Bree of course.

"Bet. I got the perfect person to introduce you to. Shouldn't she meet Tia?" I asked Sai. Speaking of her I had to tell her that I fixed everything up. "Yeah tell her to get over here right now. We ain't talked in a little minute." I texted Tia and let her know Sai's address so she could come see everybody. Meanwhile everyone rushed to the kitchen to start eating something. "Move, nasty ass. Imma share the food." I could hear Nene slap what was probably Kaiden's hand.

An incoming call came in and I moved closer to the door to answer it. "Wassup?" The person on the other line was talking but I couldn't hear due to all the stuff going on over here. I stepped out to take it.

"I miss you, Jah." It was Carmen, the worst mistake I've ever made. Hearing her voice almost sucked the joy out of everything positive that happened today.

"And I don't miss you. Quit calling me, I got a girl."

She smacked and replied to my hurtful words. "You fucked me four times and wasn't thinking about your girl. What's the matter now?"

I was getting very annoyed with her, so I decided to end it like this. "Yo Carmen, you cool and all but I done chilled off allat shit. Quit calling me, aight? It's gon' be someone that wanna be witchu' but it ain't me. Loose my number."

I ended the call and blocked her number. I guess Sai noticed I was outside and came out. "You okay, Eli?" I nodded and she outstretched her hand for me to take it. I grabbed it and she pulled me inside.

Carmen was the biggest fuck up, my biggest regret. How could I tell Sai about her now, after I had finally got her back?