Chapter 7- Hey, C.

[A photo above of Joe Manganiello who portrays Clark Brooke. ;) ]

Edmund's POV

"So here are the pictures of the furniture sets that I picked out for you." I said as I laid down a folder containing the pictures of the said furniture. "I found some old pics of the Barlow Mansion and I picked some furniture that held the similar designs with the ones the Barlow Mansion had. "

Brandon looked at the papers and sometimes took a break of take a sip of his coffee. We were currently at the bri, having breakfast. I did try my best to decline Brandon's offer yet who was I to say no to my employer, right?

"These pieces are really good, Edmund." He said with amusement.

Oh God. The way he says my name just sends weird signals to me... and my groin.

"I'm glad you like them. It wasn't that hard to find the pieces since most furniture they used before was made of mahogany." I replied with a smile.

I took a glance of the weather outside and cringed just imagining how cold it was. The cold weather December brought was still here. My eyes widened at the thought, realizing it was almost Christmas. I probably will be summoned back at home and it sucked ass.

I never really hated the thought of being at home but I guess I preferred it here in Maryland. Home didn't even crossed my mind nor did it make me miss the people back there. I mean, no one wasn't even home most of the time so who's to miss?

"I know it was a risk to hire a Antique seller to design the furniture on the mansion but I'm glad I took the risk." Brandon says pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Well, turns out the antique seller you hired graduated college with a degree on interior design and knows a thing or two on furniture." I said with a shrug, making his mouth form into a 'o'.

"You never told me that." He said and took a sip of his coffee.

"I still haven't told you a lot of things about myself, Dolin." I said to him and smirked.

He was about to say something but Brianna arrives on our table taking our vacant and used plates, interrupting our conversation. Brandon says a quick 'Thank you' as Brianna leaves us. As soon as we were alone again, Brandon faces me again.

"So. You're an interior designer?" He asks curiously. I couldn't even tell whether he was amused or just pure curious.

"You can call me that. But here I'm a simple owner of an antique shop." I said with a shrug.

"So you just decided to waste all you learned on college to sell antiques on a small town?"

The moment he said it I tightened my grip on my mug. If that was meant to be a joke well I wasn't happy with what he said; if anything I was offended.

It irked me whenever people pointed it out. Maybe that was why I always kept it a secret. I had heard the same words from my father, brothers, and now Brandon.

Who was he to tell me that somehow I made a wrong decision? I was (and still is) the boss of my life and it was my decision to live a peaceful life yet here he was, slapping it to my face that everything I did was somehow mistake.

"Is it wrong to choose the life I want? I wanted this life and I got it." I said with gritted teeth.

He knew nothing. He knew nothing of my struggle to be here.

"Ed, I didn't--shit. Ed, I didn't mean it that way--" I could barely hear what he said as I hurried to stand up and put on my coat.

"You know what? I need to go. I need some time alone. Call me after you finished seeing everything." I said and walked out of the diner as fast I can.