Chapter 4- Oops.

The old Barlow mansion above. --^

Chapter 4- Oops.

Edmund's POV

"I'M BACK, BITCHES! AND I'M HUNGRY AS HE--" Rafe suddenly barges in the kitchen making the both of us stop our conversation and stare at him

"Do you really have to shout?" Brandon replies and Rafe immediately looks at us in confusion.

"What? Did I interrupt you guys getting to know each other?" He says with a teasing smile immediately before cackling out loud. "Oops."

"Idiot." Brandon clears his throat making me look at him. "What are your plans for today?"

"I... I was planning on heading to the library to do more research about the old Barlow's place." I said, trying to hide the awkwardness between us, making his brow quirk up in confusion. "I need more history about the place. Maybe there is still some information about the place that I still didn't know yet."

"It's snowing hard outside and it's fucking cold." He says with a hint of worry and I glanced at Rafe, only to see him smirking at me.

"You know, girl's gotta work." I say with a soft chuckle. I then immediately stopped midway when I realized what I just said. "I mean... Man... Er. Guy's gotta work. Yeah, since I'm a guy. Get it? I mean-- I really should just shut up." I rambled off quickly, only to hear both Brandon and Rafe laughing at me.

"I understood what you meant, Ed. There's no need to explain."

Why does this feel like a déja vu? Hm, I wonder. But,

Ed. That sounded good.

My eyes flew back to him as I heard him call me by such name. I couldn't even hold back my smile. It was a stupid reason but I don't know why I felt a slight happiness deep inside me. What the hell is this man doing to me?

"But seriously, it's freaking cold outside. You really should just stay home for the day. Or perhaps... Stay here. " He says making my eyes widen and my cheeks heating up.

Is this man trying to make me stay for a little longer?

Impossible.

The badboy hotshot Brandon Dolin, wants me to stay? Nah.

Maybe he was just bored and since I was at his house at the moment, he thought of making me stay? I don't even know, really. It's hard to read this man's mind.

I look outside through the window and noticed all the snow building up outside. Clearly, it was impossible for me to go out. With a sigh I looked back at Brandon, as he also looked at me with a smile.

"I guess I'll be staying a bit longer." I say defeatedly.

"Good. I like that idea." Brandon says with a smile.

What's up with this man? Is he playing with me? Or is he living up to his flirtatious reputation? I heard from Shane how Brandon used to screw almost all of the girls in the town. But he maybe he changed? I don't know, really.

"So uhm. What made you decide to buy the old Barlow mansion?" I ask trying to get a conversation started.

"Well, when we were young the three of us used to play in the old mansion. We even used to scare Shane and regret it later. Anyway, when I was a kid I've always loved the mansion, even with it's scary atmosphere. Since we weren't rich before, I'm not implying I'm rich as fuck right now, I promised to buy the mansion when I grow up. So when I came back here, I was glad the mansion still not yet owned by anyone else."