Chapter 1

"Adina! Wake up! The new neighbours are moving in!" I hear my mother call from downstairs. I groan and snuggle further into my comfortable bed to try and get a few more minutes sleep before mum decides to drag me out of my bed to snoop at the new neighbours that are moving in across the street. To be honest, I couldn't give a rats ass about our new company and I was just about to drift of into the serene land of sleep before I hear knocks on my bedroom door. "C'mon Sleeping Beauty, you know what mum's like when new neighbours move in. She will bulldoze your door down if you don't get up soon," my older brothers voice comes from the other side of the only thing separating me from the rest of the world.

I make a noise between a grunt and a growl and get out of the warm confines of my bed to open the door and glare at my brother, who looks like he had just woken up as well. "Gee Jase, I could have just made up some excuse to get more sleep but noooo you had to come up here didn't you?" I try to keep my voice down so that mum doesn't hear that I'm awake but to no avail. Jase and I soon see my mother, completely dressed up in her work clothes, walk excitedly over to us. "Jason! Adina! I am so glad you two are up! I have to go to work soon but I want the both of you to greet out neighbours as welcomingly as possible," she glances at our appearances - and by looking at Jase, I can tell we both look like zombies - before continuing, "and maybe freshen up a bit before you do so." She gives us another once over before heading downstairs to finish getting ready to head over to the office.

Once she's safely out of hearing range, Jase and I turn to each other and laugh, "yeah Jase you might wanna freshen up a bit you look like you just crawled out of a hole," I say though my giggles. "Yeah Addy like you look any better," he counters and I gasp dramatically before pouncing on his back. "Take it back big brother," I taunt playfully.

"And what if I didn't?" he replies with a challenging tone to his voice.

"Then after you freshen up," I say, "I'll mess up your most prized possession... your hair." Jase puts a hand to his chest, "my own little sister, ruining my chances of living a normal life with normal hair," he drawls and I make a noise of victory. "Maybe I'll just have to take her signed Billie Joe Armstrong poster..." he ponders out loud and I hit his back.

"You would never!" I exclaim.

"Try me little sis," he says with a chuckle and slides me off of his back. I huff and go back into my room, flipping him off as I do so which just makes him laugh more. I close my door in his face and flop into my bed in silence.

Now that I can listen properly, I can hear the sounds of moving trucks across the road. Huh, so maybe these ones will last more than a few weeks... who knows, I think to myself and look around my room. The walls are jam-packed with band and TV show posters, ranging from Twenty One Pilots and Green Day to Supernatural and Doctor Who. I have a small desk in the corner which has all of my books on it, reading books and school textbooks alike. I jump off of my bed and head over to my closet to grab some decent clothes for the day, even though it's Saturday and is meant to be my lazy pyjama day but no, these new neighbours had to ruin for me. I dislike them already, I think and grab my most comfy pair of jeans and a Metallica t-shirt before heading to my ensuite to shower. Yes, I said ensuite, the one thing that I can hold over Jase about my room is that mine has an ensuite and his does not. Mum and Dad thought that since I'm a girl and the youngest, I should get the room with a bathroom while Jason gets the bigger room in general.

After I shower and manage to get a brush through my hair, I walk downstairs to see that Jase was already sat at the breakfast bar with a bowl of cereal, his hair still wet from the shower he probably had in the main bathroom. I pour myself a bowl and grab the milk from the fridge to add to my bowl when Jase speaks up, "so I've heard there's a kid moving in across the road, your age Addy," he looks up at me and gives me a condescending grin, "you might make a new fwiend." I glare at him and finish making my breakfast, "yeah right Jase, when was the last time that I met someone new that I haven't been a complete and utter wreck around without Mels help? You know my social skills." He nodded and finished off his food before heading back up the stairs, "come get me when you wanna abide the Boss' request and meet the new people." I nod and sit on the couch with my cereal, turning on the TV and switching it to my Supernatural season 4 disc that I left in from last time and put it on the first episode again. I turn up the volume and eat my breakfast as I watch Dean Winchester crawl out of his grave.

Another three episodes in, and I have put the long since finished bowl of cereal aside and watch as Sammy and Dean have a bro fight about what to do about this episodes problem. Just as it was getting into the good part, I hear someone knock on the front door. "Oi Jase! Get the door!" I yell, not taking my eyes off the screen. I hear my big bro stomp down the stairs and opens the door. I hear some small talk before Jase calls my name. I press pause and groan as I get up and walk to the door. There is a middle aged woman with short blonde hair standing there with a little girl on her hip, a little boy on her other side, holding her hand and behind her is a boy that looks my age but I can't tell since his head is down, looking at what I am assuming to be his phone. "Hello, you must be Adina. My name is Bethany Anderson, we just moved in across the street," she says and smiles at me. She has one of those infectious smiles and I can't help but find myself smiling back, "hi, yes that's me and you've obviously met my ray of sunshine brother Jason," I smile more as my brother discreetly elbows me, "we were actually going to come over today to welcome you to the neighbourhood," I say and Bethany waves a hand. "It's okay, I had to get these two little ones out of the house anyway, her name is Kayla and the younger one is called Brandon," she says and refers to the two younger children. I smile at them and wave. "You're welcome to come inside if you wish, I could get you a cup of coffee if you want," Jase offers and Bethany looks at him like she's deciding.

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude," she says and it's my turn to wave a hand.

"It's okay really. I was just watching some TV and Jase was up in his room. It's no problem at all," I say politely. She looks at me gratefully before turning to her eldest, "Tyler stop being rude and say hello to our very nice neighbours," she scolds and he looks up, letting me get a good look at him for the first time. He has shaggy blonde hair and a jaw line similar to that of Mikey Way's his eyes are a dark shade of grey and my suspicions are confirmed, he's around my age. Well he's going to be popular, I think and give him a small smile and wave. His eyes go from his mother to me and he gives me a once over, pausing at what I hope is just the band logo on my shirt before looking from me to Jase, nodding at him. Jase nods back. Weird boy things, I say to myself and step aside so they can come in. I turn the TV off and head into the kitchen where Jase has lead our new company.

As I begin to walk from the living room, I run into what I am assuming to be a human. "Jeez Jase watch where you're going. I know I'm short but I'm not that short," I fire out and look up to see that it was in fact not my older brother that I ran into but my new neighbour. He smirks at me as I continue to glare. "We haven't been formally introduced, my name is Tyler, and what would yours be shorty?" he asks and grabs my hand, kissing the back of it. I make a small noise of disgust and snatch my hand away, "It's Adina. Creep," I mumble the last part but he seems to hear and he has the audacity to laugh at me. Well this is going to be a fun time isn't it?, I think to myself and walk past him to the kitchen.

(A/N: Hey guys! This is the first chapter of my new book and I would love to know what you guys think! Remember to vote, comment, share and do all that fun stuff. It really helps me out. AND ALSO IF ONE OF YOU WANTS TO MAKE A COVER FOR ME IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER ~Ash xxx)