{05}

The next day Eva snuck out of the hospital while her sister was busy doing whatever in town. At the moment Eva walked to the Dinner known as Granny's she pushed open the door and gained looks of curiosity being she was new to everyone, she walked over and sat down at the bar, "hot cocoa with whip cream and cinnamon please" she said to the older lady behind the counter who smiled and nodded her head getting started on the young woman's drink. "Make it two" Henry's voice said Eva turned her attention to her Nephew who held a sad look in his eyes. "What's wrong, my little spark?" she whispered he then began to tell her about Emma not believing.

"Grr, I just wanna put Ems in a headlock. Hen, I'm sure she believes, Emma's just not sure what to think about anything right now" Eva spoke Henry understood and nodded but she could tell he was still worried, "but I guess you can get her to come around seeing that she's sort of decided we're staying" she nudged him this caused the 10 year old to giggle. "You're the best, thank you Aunt Eva. I have to go now, Mom's waiting for me" he spoke, she nodded understanding completely as he left someone else plopped down next to her and that person was Graham as he said he looked at the Mills boy who was leaving.

"Skipping school, are you encouraging that?" he asked her eyes widened and she gave him a look. "No, I'm not. He came in here, if he was skipping school I didn't know about it. What about you? Don't you have some Sheriffy stuff to do?" she asked he smiled and laughed making her laugh a little too at her new word, Eva's laugh was longer than his as he stopped looking at her; Eva was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, he liked the dimples in her cheeks when she smiled, the way her dark brown hair was always free, and her green eyes that reminded him of forest trees. "You know, I don't think I've ever met anyone like you Eva Swan" he spoke, she stopped and smiled at him as she went to speak she was interrupted.

"Eva! Come on!" Emma's voice came, she turned her head seeing her sister standing there waving her hand, the younger twin jumped up she went to reach for her wallet but Graham had already begun to pay for the drinks. "Thank you" she smiled, she kissed his cheek without thinking about it before she rushed after her sister leaving a very stunned Graham. As Eva got outside her sister pulled her along, "were going to pay back Mary Margret and then were heading back home" Emma said Eva felt her heart sink, she assumed that something had happened with Henry or Regina. "But I thought we were staying," she whispered.

***

Emma and Eva stood at Mary Margaret's door, the older twin knocked while the younger one just looked down sadly as the door swung open Eva put on a false smile, "Hey. Just wanted to say thank you and, um, pay you back the bail money" Emma spoke as she held out an envelope her sister peaked behind seeing how nice the apartment was from what she could see. " You look like you need to talk, Emma" Mary said, Eva focused on her sister as she walked in and Eva followed suit, they all sat in the kitchen as Mary made cocoa and cookies. "Cinnamon?" Emma questioned as she sipped hers while Eva did the same getting a little cream on her top lip.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should've asked. It's a little quirk of mine. Do you two mind?" Mary asked, Eva gave her a smile and the other woman returned it before holding out a napkin. "Not at all. Oh, thanks. When you bailed me out, you said that you trusted me. Why?" Emma changed the subject, a small smile at her sister's silliness with the cream on her mouth. "It's strange. Ever since you arrived here, I've had the oddest feeling like we met before, same with Eva. And, I know it's crazy" Mary spoke, Eva smiled she knew why it was a parental connection Emma had with Henry she just was scared of it.

"I'm starting to re-evaluate my definition of crazy" Emma said, Eva decided to tune out of the conversation as she looked around once more curious about the way her mother lived. "It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks I did or didn't do. I'm leaving and so is Eva. Thank you for everything, but I think it's for the best. If I stay, Henry's only going to keep getting hurt" Eva's eyes snapped back a look of sadness in them which Mary noticed. "What happens if you go? I think the fact that you want to leave is why you have to stay. You care about him. Who will protect Henry if you won't? Also it seems Eva wants to stay as well" Mary spoke, Eva felt relieved that she knew what was on her mind, Emma turned her blue eyes locked with her twins green ones she saw that it was what Eva wanted and she decided it was what they needed.