Chapter 3-Say Something

Rosalie's Pov
I sat in my room staring out of my ceiling to floor window. I thought about Bella and how it felt to hold her hand in mine. I wondered if she felt the electricity when our hands touched.

"Oh my God! Rose, seriously just talk to Bella!" Alice said as she invited herself into my room.

"I did after school." I said.

"Uh huh, what did you say?" Alice asked.

"I said 'hi'..." Lame I know.

"That doesn't even count as a conversation Rose!" Alice shrieked.

"Calm down Alice. Geez..." I said.

"You know what happens if you try to stay away from your mate for too long..." Alice warned.

"I know...I know..." I said with a sigh.

"Jasper and I are going for a hunt." Alice said heading for the door. "You should come before you end up sucking Bella dry." She teased before skipping off.

I rolled my eyes.

I was on my way out the door when Edward stopped me.

"What do you think of the new girl?" Edward asked.

"I don't know...why?" I said.

"She's beautiful. I want her to be my mate." Edward said.

I almost lunged across the living room at him. But Esme had just redecorated it so I counted to 10 instead.

"Edward, you know it doesn't work like that." I said as calmly as I could.

"I know but it could..." Edward said.

"Yeah...well I'm off to hunt." I said opening the door. I didn't wait for his response before shutting it kind of hard.

Oops.

I was enraged how dare Edward try to make a play for my mate. She's mine! All I had to do was stop fighting the pull and actually talk to her.

How was I going to do that?

Bella's Pov

I should be doing my homework, instead I'm thinking about a blonde with golden eyes. All I can think is that she doesn't seem to like me. But I couldn't stop thinking about what happened when I ran into her after school. It was like she was a magnet. I had to be near her. I tried to tell myself to get all thoughts of Rosalie out of my mind but I couldn't. I'm so screwed!

The next day...

Rosalie's Pov

I was casually leaning against my cherry red convertible, waiting for Bella to get to school. I had worked up the nerve to talk to her. I perked up when I heard her truck over a mile away. She was almost here! And if my heart was still beating I'm sure it would be pounding in my chest right now. I watched as Bella rolled into the parking lot and parked her car. I took a deep breathe (not that i needed to) and I was about to walk over to her when Edward popped up beside her. What the fuck?!

Bella's Pov

I pulled into the parking lot and spotted Rosalie leaning against her car. I squeezed my steering wheel before getting out of my truck. I was going to talk to her. I was going to ask her why she didn't like me. Then I was going to try to be friends with her. Before I could take a step in her direction, I was interrupted, by one of her brothers, Edwin...or something. Anyway he was trying to talk to me and I didn't want to be rude but this guy was seriously barking up the wrong tree. I headed into the school and he followed me. I caught a glimpse of Rosalie looking disappointed over my shoulder. I wondered what that could be about.

Rosalie's Pov

I marched straight to the office after I watched Edward follow Bella into the school.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could change my schedule." I said politely to the guidance counselor.

"Your name please." The woman said.

"Rosalie Hale." I said.

"What classes would you like to be changed to?" The woman asked.

"All of the classes Bella Swan is in please." I said putting on my extra charming smile.

"That's an odd request..."

Once I had my schedule changed I strutted to my new first period class. The bell hadn't rang yet but Bella was already seated. I walked up to the guy sitting next to her, talking her ear off. I noticed she looked bored. I smirked as I cleared my throat.

"Do you mind giving me this seat?" I asked sweetly. Flashing a smile.

His mouth hung open and stuttered "sure" like an idiot and got up.

"Thank you." I said sitting down and pulling out a pen and a notebook.

I looked over at Bella and winked.

Take that Edward...you asshole!