Act II: Scene Sixteen

Start from the beginning

We didn't have to say much to understand what was on our minds. Maybe we were only meant to be friends, but it wouldn't hurt to try something more.

Harry placed his hand on top of mine, looking away in embarrassment.

"Your hands are sweaty," I told him, giggling.

He sighed, "They always are; Don't ask why"

We stayed like that for the rest of the ride, and everything felt okay.

---

P O V : H A R R Y

After a long and somewhat exhausting day, we all said our goodbyes and Louis and I went back to our flat. We didn't mention the whole "date" thing once, and it felt like we were pretending nothing had happened. However, I could feel there was some sort of tension between us. Good tension, I mean.

"What do you want for supper?" Louis asked, looking through the cupboards.

I thought for a bit, before replying, "Spaghetti hoops!"

"Sure thing," he smiled, relieved I hadn't pestered him for a fancy meal, "I'll have to go buy a few cans."

I nodded, "I'll stay here, I have a, uh, painting to finish up."

"Alright," he said, grabbing the keys, "I'll be back in 20."

With that, he stepped outside, shutting the door behind him.

Immediately after, I took my phone out of my back pocket and dialled Liam's number.

"C'mon, answer," I mumbled, pacing around the living room. After a few seconds, he picked up.

"Liam, you'll never believe what happened today," I blurted out.

Without hesitation, he replied, "Let me guess, Louis asked you out?"

"Wait, how did you know?" I asked, shocked.

Liam chuckled through the phone, "We were sitting in the cart behind you, you know."

I nodded, suddenly becoming aware that he couldn't see me over the phone.

"Right," I said, feeling embarrassed, "Does that mean you saw-"

"We saw, everything," he told me, trying to hold in a laugh.

I laughed, "You must be freaking out just as much as me right now."

"Hey, I thought you two were just friends," he teased, causing me to roll my eyes, "But yeah, I'm trying extremely hard right now not to scream at the top of my lungs. I'm so happy for you two!"

I blushed, staring at my lap, "I just don't know what this means for me and Louis, you know?"

"I know exactly what you mean," he assured me, "But I'd say to wait and see how everything goes."

I smiled, "Thanks, Payno. I'm gonna go now; Louis should be home soon."

"Right, talk later?" he asked.

"Of course," I told him, hanging up the phone.

---

— ONE WEEK LATER —
P O V : L O U I S

I pulled on my shirt, glancing at myself in the mirror. I had never been on a date before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I stepped out of the bathroom, immediately seeing Harry walk up the steps.

He wore a baby blue button down, with a black jacket and trousers. He paired the outfit with some matching black dress shoes. I began to worry. Should I be more dressed up? I was wearing a long sleeved black tee shirt and jeans, which was quite casual. What do people even wear to drag shows, anyways?