She was undeniably in love with Harry Potter.

They would either be together when going into Hogwarts or they wouldn't be together at all. With all the judgment and drama that was inevitable this year, she knew now was the time to do this.

But how?

'What if he doesn't like me? Wouldn't be a surprise...I mean, why would he anyway? I'm an unstable, ugly, stupid, psychotic teenage girl,' she thought. 'We spent almost all summer together...he'd be bound to have done something by now if he liked me...no, Anna, you're gonna do this. To hell with him if he rejects you!'

With a sigh, she straightened up, looked into his eyes, and matter-of-factly said, "You know exactly what I mean, Harry."

"I...I do?"

She moved closer to him and brought her hand up to cup his cheek. Their faces were only inches apart when she whispered, "I think you do." 

Her eyes flitted to his lips before she leaned forward, closing the gap between them. Both of their hearts were racing like mad, but that longing was finally about to be soothed, what they'd wanted for so long. They would finally have something again, and this made them internally giddy and hopeful. They were oblivious to each other's mutual feelings until this moment, and it felt as is finally, they would have each other.

But their lips only brushed when a voice called out from afar, "Anna!"

The girl moved back quickly from Harry, her eyes wide as she looked around the station to find the culprit.

Remus Cockblocking Lupin.

'I swear he's out to fuck me over,' thought Anna bitterly as she watched the man come over with Nymphadora Tonks. It was obvious they didn't see what just happened.

While she looked distastefully at her godfather, Harry stared at Anna with wide eyes, his face redder than a cherry. He didn't know whether to feel pleased or concerned or happy, and his mind went blank as his heart took over.

Ha, as if his feelings for Anna weren't already definite.

But guilt filled his gut a bit. He'd swooped in at her most vulnerable time. She was in no position to be committed to anything besides getting better. A relationship was the last thing a vulnerable teenage girl needed, even if it were with her literal soulmate who understood her messed-up self perfectly.

"Ah, Anna!" exclaimed Tonks, running forward and tackling Anna in a big hug. She laughed at the hyper woman and hugged back. Tonks let her go and gripped her shoulders, asking, "So, how're you holding up?"

"I'm..." Anna's eyes flitted to Harry and her heart swelled a bit; she wasn't able to contain a grin. "I'm great...thanks to Harry."

"See, she doesn't need ya Remus!"

"Wow, thanks Tonks, I feel so loved," said Lupin sarcastically. He turned to face the kids, answering their mental question regarding his presence. "I just wanted to see you two off and this nutter decided to join. Hey, Harry, are you okay? You're awful quiet."

The raven-haired boy forced a smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine...we should get to the train...yanno, we're late already."

"Oh, okay." Lupin seemed a bit disappointed. He was about to speak again until his gaze caught someone boarding the train.

His eyes widened and he held his breath as he saw a tall, strong, elegant woman, her dark curls pulled back into a low bun and light eyes glittering with sad reminiscence. She was donned in dark robes that made her even more regal, but that bitterness still stayed with her.