[06]

❛ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 ❜

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"You-you are..."

"Handsome? A genius? Immensely talented?-"

"Dangerous."

*    *    *

Cassandra swept the floor, not making much sound except for the occasional brush of the bristles against the wood flooring. It had been nearly a month and some weeks since the events at the banquet and her coming to live with Barbara and her father, her new Lady and Lord.

Although officially she did have her title as a maidservant of Lady Gordon, Barbara had never really asked much of her in the way of duties. To be honest, most of the work she did she started herself or took over from Barbara. Cassandra's thoughts moved on towards more recent events such as finding out Sir Stephan was, in reality, Stephanie

Ever since that 'small' revelation, Stephanie had started to visit the Gordon's home more and to Barbara's amusement, insisted on sticking close to her while she was working and chattering away while she wordlessly listened. It wasn't that Cassandra was bothered by the unending chatter, rather she oddly liked it, as it was a breath of fresh air and friendliness. Occasionally she would reply to Stephanie, telepathically, of course, which would make her forget about her topic and be awestruck by her ability, no matter how many times she heard it.

Barbara had started to research more on magical abilities, with great caution of course, which would on occasion take her to the castle library, where she went always without Cassandra. Which is where she was at present. 

Cassandra turned, hearing the door open behind her and while expecting to see the calm, green-eyed Oracle, found instead a huffing, tall, blue-eyed boy, whose hands were on his knees, looking down as he tried to catch his breath.

"Whew. You have no idea how hard it is trying to escape from Alfred's lessons, Babs." He laughed between breaths. Looking up, his smiling face turned into a surprised one.

"Oh. Hello, there. Who might you be?" He asked, kindly. Cassandra had a pretty good idea as to who he was, considering that she had tried previously to kill his father. Which gave her two reasons to be hesitant. The second being, that she had no idea how to respond to him. 

She never had this problem before as an assassin, mainly since she killed most of the people she had come into contact with.

After a few seconds of silence, Dick gave an easy smile. "Well, either you're shy, or you just don't speak." 

Cassandra held up two fingers for the latter opinion, which Dick seemed to understand. "Ah. You're mute." He nodded in understanding. "Well, then I suppose I can't ask you where Barbara is then." 

The door opened once again and Cassandra looked behind the boy to find that this time it was indeed the calm, green-eyed Lady Gordon. "Oh? What brings you here, Dick?" She asked, entering the house with a very unsurprised expression.

"Escaping from Alfred," He explained.

As they talked, Cassandra observed the two. The Prince, she knew but only by his title and a short debriefing. Looking now, she made personal notes, especially since it seemed like he was someone Barbara knew very well. He was rather handsome, unusually handsome, she corrected herself, and he seemed to be somewhere in his late teens or early twenty's. He had this sort of kind and amiable air about him and Cassandra pegged him to be the sort of person that got along with everyone.