Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for not updating lately! My internet has been down for over two weeks, but it's finally working again. I should be able to update more often now. Sorry about the wait to those few readers I have. 

This is madness! In a matter of just a few short minutes, my whole life has been turned upside down. I just found out that my father, or who I thought was my father, kidnapped me and told everyone I was dead and locked me up for years. Then I learn that I can change into a wolf, and apparently I already have a husband chosen for me! My brain is frying. This is so much to take in. I look around trying to focus and see that Chris is in no better shape than I am. He is still standing as still as a statue.

"I know it's a lot to take in honey, I can't imagine what is going through your head right now, but you will have time to figure things out. And don't even worry about the marriage, that won't be happening for a bit. You still need to see your parents again, learn to shift, and get to know Chris again."

"Right..."

"Mama?" I jumped a bit, I had completely forgotten that Luke was with us.

"Yes dear?"

"Can I show her how to change??" The young boy was just giddy at the thought, he was jumping and pulling on his mothers' arm.

She chuckled, "Of course. But ask Skylar what she wants."

Luke looked up at me with big warm brown eyes almost pleading.

"Umm... sure. That sounds great."

"Yay!!!!" He started jumping up and down while his mom and I laughed at his behavior.

I felt a soft touch on my arm and looked up. Green eyes, very similar to Chris's I noted, gazed down at me with love, "Let me know if you need anything. I'm going to talk to Chris."

"Thank you miss..." I tailed off. I still didn't even know her name.

"Oh goodness! I'm so sorry darling. I completely forgot, where are my manners? I'm Theresa Hall, leader of the Eastern pack."

"You're the leader of this pack?" I asked.

"Yes. Once Chris is with his mate..." She froze for a split second.

"You mean, me?" I said timidly.

"Er...yes. You and Chris will be the leaders of the pack."

"Right...leaders of a pack..."

"Don't worry honey, it's not as hard as it sounds. With Chris as the alpha you won't have as much to do either. You'll be great." Theresa pulled me into a tight embrace and then let go. "Anyway, I should let Luke take you before he runs off without you."

I looked over and saw that Luke had run to the edge of the clearing and was waving me over.

"I'll see you in a bit dear."

I turned at walked towards Luke and noticed everyone's gazes turn to me as I strode past. I can't believe I'm going to be a leader of a pack, wait two packs! I took in a deep breath as a reached the little boy and followed into the trees.

It turns out that turning into a werewolf is not as easy as it looks. Luke switched back and forth between his cub and human forms to demonstrate the process. I had to learn how to get my wolf out of hiding, after so many years of it being inactive it was hard to wake it up. This part kind of confused me. Apparently the wolf was inside of me, which is really weird. I would have thought I could feel it, but I guess if it's sleeping and hiding you don't. Once I got the wolf up I could feel it running around inside of me, excited to come out. It was a weird feeling. I could feel it stirring in a way, though I'm not sure how to explain it. Luke taught me how to let the wolf take control and emerge. It was a lot of coaxing the wolf out and trying to calm me down, but we did it. It felt strange being a wolf, but also very freeing in a way. I felt like I knew who I was for once in my life. Once I had changed into my wolf Luke bounded around me, wagging his tail widely. I chuckled.