I drove to the library. Holding my coffee in my left hand and my textbooks in my right, I entered.

Josh was already there. He was leaning onto his book, his phone in his hand. I went over and sat down beside him. He had changed from his uniform was now wearing a black t-shirt and dark, skinny jeans.

"Hey," he greeted with a friendly smile. He noticed my pale face and shaky hands immediately. I wasn't very subtle. "What's wrong?"

I flexed my fingers once I placed everything down, trying to stop them shaking. "Nothing, I'm fine. Let's just get started."

He frowned, clearly not believing me. "Show me what notes you have last and we'll go from there."

I embraced the idea of studying with open arms. I needed to get my mind off Isaac and all other thoughts whirling around inside my head.

We studied for about an hour and a half, before my eyes were stinging, my neck was stiff and my stomach was sounding like a dying whale.

"How about we call it quits for the night and go grab something to eat?" Josh yawned, stretching his arms behind his head. His biceps flexed deliciously as he did and I was embarrassed to find myself checking him out.

"Sounds good to me," I agreed, stifling my own yawn.

I was very happy with the amount I learnt. I had caught up surprisingly easy. His notes were very to-the-point and easy to understand.

My left leg was asleep when I stood up and I limped behind Josh, trying to regain feeling.

"This way," he said, heading over to his car.

I nervously stared at it. I didn't even know him that well... Should I trust him?

Before I could weigh the pros and cons of this situation, he took my books from my arms, throwing them ungracefully into the back. Shrugging, I climbed into his ute. Honestly, what more could someone do to me at this point? If they wanted to kill me, I would hardly put up a fight.

"Where to?"

I shrugged again.

"Let's go to the burger shack," he decided and I nodded.

I haven't been eating much, just very small meals to ease my hunger, but a burger sounded bloody good right now. My mouth began watering just at the thought.

The burger shack in town had a window on the outside, so people could pull up in their cars at night. He ordered our meals and paid, ignoring me when I tried to pass him my debit card.

"You didn't have to pay for me," I frowned. "You've already done enough by helping me catch up."

"I was a dick," he reminded me. "I definitely owed you at least a meal."

After a few minutes, the greasy-haired guy with acne handed us our meals. Josh give him a $3 tip for his "excellent service". I rolled my eyes.

We headed up towards the look out. I had been a few times and it was always packed but tonight, there wasn't another car there. Josh reversed in, before getting out. Curious, I followed him. He pulled the tailgate down and placed a rug down. I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Wow, do you do this often?"

"I come here with my mates all the time to watch the surf," he explained.

I'm sure he has brought a number of girls up here, as well.

I hopped up onto the tail gate, my burger warming my lap. The cool wind hit my cheeks and I re-did my hair, securing it in a low pony tail, pulling the loose tendrils back.