Chapter Thirty

---------------------

Dedication: Bloody_inspired_mary for voting for so many of the chapters! Thank you!

Recap:

"It's okay, I understand," I heard her say into the phone, a bit of her brunette hair wrapped around her index finger. "I have missed you." I cocked my head to the side. "Okay, I'll see you tonight. I love you, Isaac."

Turning from her, I strode out of the library, my teeth gritted.

That two-timing, son of a bitch.

---------------------

*WARNING - There is an intimate scene in this chapter. Feel free to skip it if you don't feel comfortable reading it. I will put another warning as the scene starts*

I tapped my foot restlessly, my arms folded across my chest as I waited for Isaac.

I was meeting him, briefly, before going to my study meet-up with Josh. I had finished my therapy session 15 minutes early, as Dr Ainsley is really impressed with how open and honest I've been. I've come to realise it's much easier telling the truth and being open about how I feel. It makes me feel a lot better.

As I have been ignoring Isaac's text, due to discovering he has been still seeing Amelia, when he kind of has been seeing me as well. We had made out a few times and we were just... I don't even know. Do I even have the right to be mad? I was going to end things with him anyway. Maybe there was nothing to even 'end'.

I finally replied to one of his messages and decided to meet up with him.

"Hey," he said breathlessly, coming over to my table.

He leaned down, planning to kiss me, but I jerked my chin away from him, glaring at the floor. I could see his body tense as he sat down across from me.

"Sadie, what's wrong?"

I took a sip of my coffee, trying to keep control of my anger. I let out a steady breath, finally lifting my eyes.

"What's your game here, Isaac?"

He raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"What are you doing with me?" I asked him, my fingers tightening around my coffee cup, the warmth heating up my cold fingers. "Am I just a joke to you? Do you think playing with my feelings is fun?"

"What the fuck are you talking about?" he asked cluelessly.

"You're still seeing Amelia, aren't you?"

He closed his eyes and sighed. "I didn't mean to hurt you. You were so distant and we met up to talk about things..."

I rolled my eyes dramatically, even though I was much more hurt than I was letting on. "Wow, you and Casey really know how to fuck a girl over."

"I don't even care for her," he insisted. "I was lonely and she was there. You're the one-"

"Oh Jesus," I groaned. "Save it. Honestly. I was thinking of ending whatever this was with you anyway so thanks for beating me to it. Have a good life."

"Sadie," he exclaimed, his voice sounding panicked. "Don't be like this. Please."

I held my hand up. "It's done."

"Sadie-"

"Goodbye, Isaac."

I turned my back to him and made my way out of the small coffee shop. I strode towards Casey's - my - car, sliding into the driver side and blasting the heat. I pulled from the curb, my hands shaking.