Chapter Seven

--------------

Dedication: Highboymgc for the amazing cover! Thank you xx

Recap:

"Let's just get drunk," I suggested, pushing myself from the wall.

"I think we can manage that," she grinned.

Screw Casey. It was my right to have fun on my birthday.

And this time, I wasn't going to let him ruin it.

-----------------

The music was so loud, I could feel the vibrations under my feet.

I peered over to where a huge crowd was gathered in front of a stage. A lot of people were blind drunk already and a girl had been taken away in an ambulance after passing out from dehydration.

I hadn't gone to any of the stages yet. I was still working on getting as drunk as possible.

We were all sitting around on camp chairs, a fold-out table in front of us. We had been playing a series of drinking games, as none of the bands we wanted to see were playing yet and it was mainly just DJs getting the crowd hyped up.

This was the first time I had played any of these games, without Casey. It felt weird not being able to turn to him or single him out. It was just weird.

I don't think I'll ever get used to him not being here.

Taking another swig of my drink, I made a face. I had mixed my own drinks and it definitely was more alcohol than mixer. Which I had planned. Doesn't mean it tasted nice. My tongue felt dry, even though I was drinking the Malibu like it was water. I just wanted to forget for a while and let myself have fun.

The group consisted of myself, Marissa, Owen, Josh, a few of his mates whose names I can't remember and a couple other girls that Marissa is friends with. It was cool and casual. Everyone was just drinking and chilling out, which was nice. Somehow, I was actually enjoying myself.

"Okay," Owen suddenly boomed, his voice significantly louder than usual. "I need everyone's attention."

Not bothering to listen, I began reading a print-out someone had of the line up that was meant to be on for today. Looking at the names, I tried to think if I had actually heard any of their songs and if I had, I would attempt to make an effort to go see them.

"Er- Sadie?" someone said.

"Huh?" I asked, dragging my eyes from the paper.

Everyone was looking at me. Some of the guys were snickering and most of the girls were fighting off smiles.

"Well?" Owen asked, a hopeful smile on his face.

"I wasn't listening."

Josh snorted, causing Owen to glower at him. My eyes met Josh's and he shot me a grin. I stared back in confusion, obviously having missed something here.

"I asked if you would be my girlfriend," Owen declared. "There you go. Simple and straight forward - no race car or anything. What do you say?"

The groan that left my lips was loud and I had no control of it. Josh physically let out a laugh this time and Marissa just shook her head in bewilderment, clearly annoyed at Owen.

When was he going to learn to just leave me alone?

"For God Sake," I snapped. I rose to my feet and swayed slightly, not realising how drunk I had become. I stalked towards him, shoving my face close to his. I narrowed my eyes. "It's not cute anymore. It's annoying. Please, for the love of God, just leave me alone."