"Oh! Merry Christmas, Evangeline! My goodness you're beautiful!" My aunt said as she engulfed me in a large hug. "You look just like your mother, sweetie." 

The compliment surprised my mother and me because damn did they not get along all the time. They loved each other to pieces but they competed like NASCAR. The loops were endless and they were still racing the 200 or 300 laps depending on what kind of track they were on... But oh, that doesn't matter.

She pulled back to look me from my head to my toes. "You've definitely grown. Four years ago, you were up to my neck and so... Different. Now look at you! A beautiful adult."

"Thank you aunt Lyn. Merry Christmas to you too." She pecked my cheek and passed me onto my uncle. "Hey uncle Reece."

"Hello sweetie. Your aunt is right you have grown up beautifully."

"Thank y-"

"Evie," Olivia pushed her father out the way and wrapped her skinny arms around my waist. Well, she's a picture perfect image of her mother. Long straight brown hair, big brown eyes and a wide smile. This twelve year old was going to be cuter than a puppy when she reaches her teens. 

"Hey, Liv. How're you?"

"Fine," She leaned back. "I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Four years." I confirmed. 

"Yeah." She ran a hand through her hair as she stepped back. "I'm twelve now. Almost thirteen."

"Our birthdays are only three days apart, Liv." I yanked her into my side. "I know."

"We used to celebrate together didn't we? Wow," She sighed sounding older than she was. How can this be the twelve year old that used to jump on my shoulders when we were younger?

"Enough out of you now, Liv. It's my turn," Dylan's voice was so much deeper too. "Come here, Evie-Eve."

Dylan pulled me into a bear hug and squeezed. "Aw, doll face I've missed you. I know we've called and texted and all that crap but four years is a lot of time without his favourite cousin."

"Not favourite overall though, right?" Aaron said from behind me.

"Shut up, squirt." He snapped playfully as he pulled back. "My, my. You definitely are gorgeous now aren't, ya? I hope no man has-"

"Alright, Dyl," I stopped him mid sentence laughing awkwardly. He was like a protective older brother especially when he came over for summer 2008. I couldn't wear bikinis or anything that showed too much skin. And yet he eyeballed Chelsea and Amy like they were meat, the asshole. Those were the years they'd bloomed. I bloomed a year later at fifteen. I was a tad late.

His brown eyes narrowed. "You're not telling me-"

"Even if she has, Dylan," Lyn pulled her son away by the arm. "It's none of yours or our business."

I kept my mouth closed as I sat down beside Liv at the breakfast table. It'd be better he found out when Michael came over. Although I could see the curiosity in my aunts eye as she glanced from my mother and mine's exchanged look.

"So," I cleared my throat. "Breakfast?"

Liv talked animatedly about her dance classes and the four years I'd missed as I ate the French toast, pancakes, sausage and eggs all of which covered in syrup. I was glad no one mentioned the fact I was wearing a splint but I did notice both Liv's and Dylan's sad looks toward it. Of course, my mother would have mentioned what happened to me and of course she would have said what happened to Aaron. I could imagine Caitlyn's thoughts on her sisters parenting.