5: Us Again

____________________________

Chapter 5

Just Us Again

The lecturer dismissed my poetry class and we all stood up after a groan.
My lecturer for this class said that we'd be receiving assignments after our third lecture. At least she wasn't shoving essays down our throats already.

I had an hour to spare before I have to endure another hour and a half of my History lecture with Mr. Reeves.

I mentally scowled at myself as I started toward the cafeteria. All I could think about last night was how stupid I was as to of had such thoughts about him. Unfortunately, my stupidity hadn't stopped the thoughts from smashing to the front of my mind. His face was still there. His beautiful face...

I shook my head. Damn him for making me think about his gorgeousness.

I stood in line to the café and waited. This morning I'd come to realize that this hour I had before my History class was going to be spent alone. Laura had another History class, Damien had football practice, Lucas had hockey practice, and Katherine surprisingly had Forensic Science.

Further on in the year, I'll probably have assignments due so I won't be as lonely or bored as I will be today. I ordered a donut and coffee to go and had to juggle with it along with my books. The best place to go right now is the library. It wasn't far from my History class and going back to the house would take fifteen-twenty minutes anyway.
I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going as I concentrated on my cup of coffee so I didn't spill it.

I brought my head up in time to see someone almost walk into me. I stopped abruptly and their hands landed on my forearms as I dropped my books.

"I don't think you should buy coffee anymore because it always ends up on someone."

I tilted my head up and looked into those striking green eyes. He was smirking down at me. His hands squeezed my upper arms slightly before he let go and picked up my books.
I furrowed my eyebrows a little.

"Maybe I should stick to bottled drinks," I said.

He chuckled lightly and handed me my books.

"Thanks," I said with a smile and walked around him. Wasn't it enough for me to see him during class?

I was halfway down the hall when I heard my name being called.

I turned around and raised a brow when I saw Mr. Reeves walking back toward me. "Are you just wandering around now?"

I took a sip of my coffee. "Why?"

He smiled. "You look a bit lost."

My eyes narrowed. "I could have an assignment to finish right now."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "You clearly don't, otherwise you'd be in the library and plus it's the beginning of the semester. Unless, of course, you're heading there now?"

My face started to burn a little bit. "I wasn't."

A small smirk planted on his lips. "You were weren't you?"

I scowled at him. "What do you want?"

"Seeming that you have nothing to do until your class with me, why don't you keep me company while I sort through some of the senior's old papers?"

For some reason I found myself asking, "Why?"

His eyebrow's knitted together. It was the cutest frown I'd ever seen. "What do you mean why?"

"Why would you want me there?"

His jaw clenched all of a sudden and his face clouded over. There was something in his face that made me want to take a step back but I didn't. His face was extremely threatening for someone so beautiful. His pupils had dilated slightly so I said, "Are you alright?"

He blinked and they returned back to normal. "Yes, I'm fine." He then smiled like such a look had never invaded a beautiful face like his. "I'd like you there for company. You have an hour to waste and so do I. So why not?"

I sighed. "Okay, sure."

I followed him back to his classroom and walked in. He shut the door behind him and gestured for me to sit on one of the chairs.
I sat on one of the chairs in the front row and put my books on the table.

"So what other classes are you taking, Evie?"

God, whenever he said my name I melted a little but I didn't show it. That'd be the last thing I did if I showed it.

"Intro to poetry, Greek civilization and early modern Literature."

He sat down at his desk. "Did you take a double major?"

I shook my head. "I haven't got a major yet. I just chose the classes I enjoyed so I might just have one."

"Which is what?"

I looked up at him. His eyes were so penetrating it was almost impossible to turn away. "I'm not sure yet."

He broke eye contact and I blinked. "Well, you're always welcomed into my class."

I laughed. "I'm sure."

"Are you glad to be in Canada?" He asked obviously wanting to make conversation.

I shrugged. "It's different to New York."

"And are you enjoying Welcome Week?"

"I haven't done anything for Welcome Week yet. But I'll be at the bonfire on Friday."

"Ah, yes. The Bonfire."

"Will you be there?" I asked casually even though I was asking for my benefit.

"It all depends really."

"On what?" I wondered.

His eyes flickered up briefly. "A number of things." He resumed his writing and didn't say anything else.

As he started writing I took out my toffee glazed donut and ate it. I took the last bite of it and chewed savoring the taste. 
I finished off my coffee and opened my book with a sigh. 

"How old are you?"

I looked up from my desk at my curious teacher. His face truly looked like he wanted to know. But I had no idea why. "I'm eighteen. I turn nineteen in January."

He nodded for a moment.
"How old are you?" I blurted out.

He chuckled. "I'd say I just turned twenty-three." There was a glint in his eye.

I raised a brow. "You'd say? What would others say?"

"How old do I look?"

I shrugged. "About twenty." 

"Maybe that's why you'd mistaken me for a student here. So others would say twenty." He glanced at me and back at his desk.

This man still remained a mystery to me. I was curious about a number of things and I had a line of questions to ask him.