Chapter 14:Soft moment

(A/N: This is a more cuter chapter. I guess this is what happens when I listen to Lana Del Rey while I write fanfics!)

Third pov

After getting Itami's panties on, Kira returned Itami to Ace. "She's got her panties on now." Kira announced to Ace & Marco. "Thank fuck. I really wish that they came with a lock though." Ace grins. "Acey~!" Itami cheered, throwing herself onto him, "Baby I missed you~!" she cooed, rubbing her face into his jacket. Marco was grinning at Ace, while Ace had a blush on his freckled cheeks, along with a bashful smile as he stared down at her. "Aaaalright love, lets sit down, eh?" he suggested. Itami giggled like a Japanese school girl, "Okay~!" Ace gave Kira a grateful look, "Thanks Kira." Kira smiles, "No problem. Now you two go off, find yourselves a corner, and just calm her down." "Thats at the top of my agenda...alright sugar, come on then."

Ace carefully lead Itami to a quiet corner of the party. Kira sighed, "You guys should really hold her back from alcohol." "We put her on a liquor ban once, but she put Thatch into hospital because of it, yoi..." Kira chuckles, "Well shit we really don't want that to happen again." "Yeah she broke his nose yoi. It was scary to watch, yoi." "Well its always been true that Itami was spoilt when she was little, anyway..lets party!"

Kira ordered more alcohol for Marco & herself to share between the two. The more they drank, the more drunk that Kira was actually becoming. Usually she can compose herself, but tonight, she was really letting it lose. At any given moment, Kira drank heaps, and flirted a lot with Marco. Marco had forgotten all about his previous thoughts, and turned all his attention onto Kira, who had most of her body on him by now. Marco wasn't as drunk, as he found that the whiskey was actually too sweet to his liking. He was drunk, but not wasted.

'I never knew it was actually possible to get Kira drunk, yoi...then again, she hasn't been drinking water & eating in between, yoi. Its the possibility that maybe thats the reason why she's drunk, yoi.'

Kira giggled into her hand as she drank some more whiskey, "Its so good~! I wish there was a big fountain of whiskey..." Kira rambled. "You might faint afterwards, yoi." Marco pointed out. "What? Nah nah nah I wouldn't faint...you would!" "Oh really now?" Marco challenged. Kira poked her tongue out, "Ya, bitch!" Marco shook his head, chuckling to himself, "You're a noodle..." "You're a stinky pineapple~!" Kira laughed. Marco wasn't even offended, if anything, the insult made him laugh, "Its sad, but its true, yoi." Marco agreed. Kira giggled, and sat herself properly on Marco's lap, "Naaaaah you're a sweet pineapple bro....." Kira sighed sadly, "If only you were edible.." Marco leaned in, and whispered: "Oh, I'm edible, you just need to find the really sweet parts...thats the part you'll want a nibble of, yoi." Upon hearing the dirty joke, Kira blushed, but giggled either way. Additionally, she batted her long eye lashes, and flicked her pony tail to the side, which immediately got Marco's attention.

A song came on the radio. It was 'Shades of Cool', and it would be the kind of song that you'd listen to in one of those bars where there's a female entertainer, one that had a very serene, angelic-like voice. Marco looked over to Kira, who had doe-eyes aiming at him. He sighed, but offered his hands, "Wanna dance?" he asked. Kira stared at his hand, but smiled softly at him, "Yeah." He helped her onto her feet, and lead her towards the centre, "Marco..they're watching.." Kira mumbled. "Let them look." he whispered as he held her waist. Kira stayed silent, and nonetheless put her hands around the back of his neck. Together, they slowly moved to the tempo of the song. Around them, all the faces became a blur. Any face that the two had seen before, they became splotches of water on dye.

'I have nothing to be scared of, yoi. Kira isn't going to do anything to me at all, yoi. She's completely harmless, and she said that she wasn't gonna kill anyone again, yoi. I have no need of being afraid of something so gentle, and beautiful, yoi.'

"Marco?" Kira called. "Yeah?" Kira had a beautiful smile, "You saved me.." Marco was confused about her statement, "I...what?" "You saved me. You saved me from bad things..I..thank you. I wouldn't have been here if you hadn't pestered me so much back in the hospital." Kira started to cry tears of joy, "I'm scared to even think what would've happened to me if you hadn't stepped in but..I'm so glad that you did. I'm so so glad...! I really truly love you." Kira rambled. Marco felt warm. His heart let out lively beats, which drove him to feel pure, utter, unconditional love towards Kira. All doubts had disappeared, and he suddenly had thoughts about her being in a white princess wedding dress.

'You know what? I fucking love her, yoi.'

Marco smiled softly, "I love you."