Chapter 26

To RerWander, this chapter isn't quite what you wanted but I hope this will tide you over until we get there, lol.

To all other readers there's a little bit of NSFW content hallway through the chapter so you might want to stay away from that if you're at work or school and save it for later nyahahaha but then again it's really not that much so go on ahead if you think it's okay, just make sure no one is reading over your shoulders :D

---

"Be my girlfriend" Alex whispered, not being able to control herself from blurting it out.

Abby pulled away from the hug, "no" was the shorter woman's simple answer, "but... why not?" Alex asked, wheezing, like she had just been punched in the gut.

"You can't just ask me to be your girlfriend right after you made me cry. What if our grandkids asks to hear the story on how we became a couple, I can't be like 'oh you know, your other grandma made me cry so my make-up was ruined and I had snot coming out of my nose and then she asked me to be her girlfriend'. What the hell kind of horrible story that would be?" Abby ranted, making a disgusted face.

Alex just stood there rooted at the spot, her mind going a million miles per minute. After all the confessions that had been made just moments ago, she felt brave enough to ask 'the question' and had been hopeful for a positive answer. When Abby flat out refused her, she literally felt her heart constrict, however, after hearing Abby's out of the blue and crazy but amazing speech, she found herself feeling lighter.

"You've thought that far ahead already? We'll grow old and have grandkids together?" Alex giddily mumbled, rejection forgotten.

Abby paused mid tantrum and blushed, she had been so pissed about Alex randomly popping one of the most important question that could be asked of her in her lifetime and Alex had to ask her that when she was in such a messy state. She can't possibly put that in her diary. No she does not have a diary, seriously, really she doesn't, it was simply an example.

Anyway, no one can really blame her that she had went on a tirade, well, the grandkids part was too much obviously as Alex didn't need to hear that because it made Abby seriously question Alex's sanity, seriously, the woman is so happy about their imaginary grandkids, like, dude, they're imaginary, don't go naming them inside your head already.

Abby considered getting a break installed in her mouth. Yeah right, bish, she'll say what she wants, when she wants, even if her crazy ideas leads to Alex actually turning insane.

Abby sighed, "look, at least take me out on a date then you can ask me again. It doesn't need to be extravagant or anything like that, I hate shit like that anyway, hell you can ask me tomorrow and you'll get a better answer"

"Really?" Alex's eyes glowed in delight.

Abby stared at the taller woman drily, "of course not, I just said you need to at least take me out on a date and make sure to bring your backbone with you"

"Okay, okay. Can I ask again tomorrow though?" Alex brought out the puppy dog eyes.

"I don't know! Why don't you ask me again tomorrow and find out?" Abby snapped with a roll of her eyes. Alex ignored the tone and just grinned happily. Somehow she has a great feeling about this. Not that she was ever right about any of her instincts about Abby since their reconciliation. She'd been right maybe once or twice because the blonde is probably the most unpredictable woman Alex has ever met, or probably second to Drew because boy does Drew set the bar high in regards to unpredictableness.

Alex was snapped out of her musings when Abby jumped behind her back, the blonde's leg coiling tightly around her waist. Alex had temporarily lost her balance but was thankfully fast and smart enough to move one leg backwards to stop them from stumbling on the sand.