Chapter 10

Drew was on her way to a Children's Musical Theater, turns out Arianne has a performance today. This should have been a great day and a great event because this is Arianne's first performance.

However, Drew just couldn't get into a festive spirit though because when she received a text from HER OWN GIRLFRIEND. Saying that Aubrey and her parents along with her sister is already in said theater. Drew was not a clingy person, never have been, okay maybe a little bit when it comes to her girlfriend, but this kind of shit treatment she's getting is starting to wear her down.

When Drew finally got inside the theater, she saw the family already seated. What is fucked though is the seating arrangement. Alice and Allan was seated side by side, Arianne was not there, maybe she is already preparing backstage. Aubrey was seated next to her parents, Alex was seated next to Aubrey, Alex's right side is empty, and next to the unoccupied seat is Abby.

Drew just could not believe this, not only can't she sit next to her girlfriend, she'll be stuck seated between Alex's insufferable presence and Abby's foul mood. Drew literally wanted to tear her hair out, despite that, she forced a calm exterior and sat on the empty seat. Aubrey's parents smiled at her and whispered a greeting as there's already a performance going on. Aubrey on the other hand just gave her a slight wave, a slight fucking wave, like they were somehow strangers meeting for the first time, the fuck is that?

Three more performances and Arianne was supposed to perform, when it was her turn, they were shocked to see a different performer. Alice frowned, stood up and whispered to her family that she would go check what was wrong. When she returned she looked absolutely crushed.

"Ari's partner who was supposed to play Ari's Violin accompaniment got sick, she couldn't come and so Ari's left alone to go solo with her piano. She's too scared to do so and refuses to perform, says all their practices are together, she can't play alone" Alice explained to them. Aubrey's heart broke for her sister, she knows Ari practiced for this moment for months, and now she can't even show the product of her hard work. They were all tempted to go take Ari backstage and just leave but that felt wrong somehow.

When the curtain was pulled open to reveal the last performance, they were all shocked to see Ari sitting on her piano stool with the brightest smile she could muster, beside her stood Drew's tall form, Violin situated against her neck.

"What the fuck?!" Abby whisper shouted, she remembered Drew mumbling something and standing to leave. She wasn't paying attention so she has no idea what Drew said. Alex was also too pre-occupied with Aubrey's sister's plight that she ignored what Drew said. Aubrey and her parents were too far from her to notice that she left at all.

Aubrey covered her mouth to stop a snicker when she saw Drew wearing a pink bowtie, which is eerily similar to her sister's ribbon. They did match though so it was good.

The music started and both child and adult started to play. When it was over, people stood and clapped in reverence for their astounding performance. Aubrey, her parents, Abby and Alex also stood and clapped.

"When Drew proposes to you, you better say yes or I swear to God, I will disown you" Alice whispered to her daughter, Aubrey's jaw dropped and turned to her dad. "Daaad! Will you talk sense into your wife?" Aubrey whined, Allan shook his head, "Alice, stop that." He told her wife and turned to her daughter, "don't wait for Drew to propose, you better put a ring on that lady as soon as possible or I only have one daughter and that sure isn't you" Allan added seriously, except maybe there's a beginning of a smirk there.

Aubrey huffed and crossed her arms at her parents' antics, she watched Drew carry Ari on the stage as her sister waved at her captivated audience, her heart leapt at the sight. How can she not love this woman? Drew is simply the best girlfriend she could ever wish for, she truly doesn't deserve the way Aubrey's treating her lately.