Chapter 1

So I wrote this awhile ago on my old account so it's a bit, well... crappy. But the chapter's will get steadily better, I promise!

Diagon Alley teemed with people of all shapes, sizes, and species, but not one of them seemed to be Esta's brother. Her eyes darted around the multitude of shops as she searched for him.

"Esta, where is he?" Her friend Lola whined, shifting her handful of books to her left so she could use her right to push back her curly brown hair.

"I'm sure he'll be here soon, my brother's always late anyway."

"But he said he'd be here an hour ago, I don't see why we can't go ourselves."

Esta sighed and hefted her cauldron higher up to balance it on her chest. "Mother said to stick with Henry, I don't want him telling on us."

Lola huffed and turned away before glancing back with a sly look in her dark eyes. "Bet you're scared to go off without him."

Esta frowned at her friend, "No, I'm not. I'm just worried about what mother would think."

A smile spread across Lola's face. "Yeah, you're scared."

Esta groaned at her friend's ability to annoy, "Alright, fine! We'll go by ourselves, but we're going to ask someone for directions, and that's final." She ended the sentence with a stern look at Lola, who simply grinned back.

"Alright, alright." Lola obediently followed Esta as she walked down the cobblestone street, looking for a person the two eleven year olds wouldn't be too intimidated to ask directions from. The girls gazed in pure awe at all the colorful shapes lining the road, and more than often, the colorful people. Both girls rarely left their homes to go to magical streets so this was a new experience for them. Some of the shops Esta recognized from her brother's descriptions. Eeylops Owl Emporium, Gringotts, even the Leaky Cauldron before she spotted a nice-looking boy standing in line outside the door of Flourish and Blotts, presumably a late shopper. He was tall and gangly with the curliest red hair Esta had ever seen. A brown brocade vest covered most of his white dress shirt and his patched trousers were a bit too small for him and showed his pale ankles.

Esta pointed him out to Lola. "Look, he seems alright."

Lola nodded, "Yeah, let's go ask him."

They crossed the bustling street, carefully trying their hardest not to run into anyone, until they were standing directly behind the boy who had yet to notice them. His shoulders were slumped, but he was still almost a head taller than Lola.

"Hey, you!" Lola briskly tapped his shoulder causing him to jump before turning around.

"W-what?"The boy stuttered before gathering himself and standing straighter. "What do you want?"

Lola was smirking at him as she so often did, so Esta stepped in. "We were wondering if you knew where Ollivander's was. My older brother promised to take us to get our wands but he hasn't showed up so we need directions."

The boy cocked his head. "You're first years? So am I! And, yes, I know where it is, I can show you if you wait a bit."

Esta smiled brightly at him. "That would be wonderful... What is your name?"

"Scamander." The boy replied, "Newton Scamander. But you can call me Newt, everyone does."

"Well, Newt, my name is Esta Dawnheart and this is Lola Lestrange."

Newt looked a bit unsure at the mention of Lola's last name but Lola laughed him off.

"Don't worry, I'm not like the rest of my family. They're all insane."