Someone from the in crowd looked at me. It wasn't a look of disgust, or get out of here. It was more like pity. The realization that I was trying to dance alone and all by myself struck me as it dawned on me how sad I must look. I gradually stopped moving, and instead made a beeline for another room.

This room was full of water. People were already in the pool, red cups littering the ground as well as pieces of clothing. I didn't bring any swimming trunks so I decided to steer clear of the water. Then suddenly, I saw my soulmate: Gigi Hathaway. She was chilling in the hot tub with three more of her goonies. She was laughing, her smile shining brighter than the stars as her hair stuck to her perfectly proportioned body.

I swallowed the saliva making its way out of my mouth as I gawked at her. She was beautiful, so beautiful.

Should I talk to her? Should I approach her? Would she recognize me? Would she still hate me for what happened last time? I mean, I was here for her. But if I never talked to her, would I really be here for her.

Honest, the day I was hung up to the tree I was really disappointed. Not just because I was taped to a tree, but because Gigi hadn't recognized me. I had only had direct contact with her once before.

One week earlier

One week earlier

"Uggh! I can't believe this is happening to me! I thought you loved me." Gigi screamed from her seat at Olive Garden. I was only a couple tables away, cleaning off the remnants of the food left behind by our previous customer. I got the job at Olive Garden to help pay off the bills for my apartment. It was here, exactly here, where I began to fall in love with Gigi. I would listen to her conversations, always from afar. I'd hear the stories she'd tell her friends, I'd watch the break ups that took place with her lovers. This is the place where I'd fill my brain up with knowledge of Gigi. All her likes and dislikes. And over the course of time, I felt myself growing closer to her.

Today she was sitting with two people who seemed to be her parents.

"We do love you, and you know that I want to give you the world honey, but it can't be helped. This is a great opportunity for us, and with you at university for the next two and a half years, I thought this would be the best time to start," the presumed father said.

"No! You can't leave me here by myself. Not for two and a half years. Screw your damn opportunity!" Gigi screamed, her voice picking up volume and heat.

"Honey, calm down. People are looking," the presumed mother warned.

"Let them look, I don't care!" Gigi erupts.

"Gig-"

"No! I will not calm down! How could you do this to me? And you call yourself parents, MY parents. You always just think about yourselves. You never, EVER, think about me and what I want, what I really want. I don't care about money. You can't expect me to be okay with you flying to the other side of the world and staying there for three years!"