The Mad Pharaoh

We raced after Amelia, who led us to a hallway full of paintings. One of them had people on a frozen lake, skating. A snowball flew out and hit Larry on the shoulder. He stopped and turned to look at the painting. It was the first time that we had seen moving paintings before. It was then that the painted people started screaming and running.

"Hey, we're not going to hurt you," Larry tried to say.

"I don't think it's you they're afraid of, Mr. Daley," Amelia said, causing us to turn around.

We saw a group of Kahmunrah's soldiers coming up to us, trapping us. I handed Ahkmenrah his tablet and gripped the spear in my hand tightly. I hadn't dropped it, which actually surprised me. Larry grabbed a pitchfork from a farmer in a painting next to him. Amelia snatched it out of his hands and threw it.

"The Micronesians had much slower reflexes," Amelia stated as one of the soldiers caught the pitchfork.

I backed up and jumped through the painting behind us, the others following. We were in the black and white of a celebration after a war.

"Wow. Four bars in 1945," Larry said, looking at his phone.

Nicky came over the phone, confusing Amelia Earhart. The Egyptian soldiers climbed in the painting, and Larry managed to get them distracted by saying to a man that he was from Brooklyn. The man and his friends ganged up on the soldiers, allowing us to get out of the painting and turn it around so they couldn't get out. We wandered through the halls, me walking next to Ahkmenrah. Aziza was cradled in Larry's arms, making sure that she didn't get left behind.

"For a second, I thought you were just going to let my brother take the tablet and me," Akhmnerah told me.

"Now, why would I do that? He was stupid enough to believe the 'Cube of Rubic' stuff. He would probably fall for any trap that was set up for him. I actually can't believe he managed to kill you. I would've expected him to not know how to use a weapon," I said, not looking directly at him.

I was watching out for any sign of someone who would try and get us. A sudden movement made me snap my head to the side. My companions stopped and looked at me. My eyes narrowed at the spot where the movement had come from. Kahmunrah jumped out of absolutely nowhere, blade out. I raised the spear just in time to block the strike.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I snapped at him.

"I want that tablet!" he shouted back.

"Go make your own!"

"Why make my own when there's one right there?"

"Because it's not yours! It's the tablet of Ahkmenrah, not Kahmunrah!" I said.

The blade in his hand swiped across my cheek, cutting into it. I heard Aziza hiss but knew better than to let her into the fight.

"Larry, make sure Aziza doesn't get into this fight!" I ordered him over my shoulder.

Larry's arms tightened around the kitten, even though her claws scraped his arms.

Aziza's POV

I watched as the mad Pharaoh jumped out and attacked my mistress. I wanted to help but was restrained by Larry's arms.

"Larry, make sure Aziza doesn't get into this fight!" my mistress shouted.

Larry's arms tightened around me, preventing me from attacking the crazed Egyptian. I hissed, scrambling to get away. I saw Ahkmenrah look at me, silently telling me to calm down. I tried to slow my racing heart, regain control of myself. I hoped my mistress could last.

Savanna's POV

"Get out of here now!" I ordered my friends.

"I'm not going to leave you here!" Ahkmenrah shouted.

"You don't have a choice! Now go!" I yelled at him.

I heard hurried footsteps and risked looking over my shoulder to see them running away, Amelia practically dragging Ahkmenrah. A sharp pain hit my arm, bringing me back to the fight. All of a sudden, everything went black.