01 | swimming and... oops

[Y/N]

((A/N This does take place in Gravity Falls))

I trudge through the long grass, trying to get home. After a long day at school, all I want is to hop into my warm bed, with a good book. I never want to see a decimal problem again. I'll never forget what Pi equals... Algebra had taken its toll on me.

I see the house just ahead and perk up. I push my H/L H/C hair behind my ear, trying to keep it in place for once, and walk to the house with new energy. I could just feel the book in my hands, and the blankets around my shoulders, as I cuddle there for hours. Katniss was calling me. I needed to see if she, and Peeta, had survived.

"Y/N!" I hear a familiar voice say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look, to see Ash. She waves and runs to catch up. "Hey Ash," I greet her. Ash has brown hair, in a pixie cut, and brown eyes. Her pale face was dotted with freckles, and her eyes twinkled.

"Where are you going?" I point to the house. Her mouth makes an, 'o' and her face reads((pun intended huehue)), 'Oh, you're going to read'. Ash acts like a book could permanently distort her reputation. She was more of a 'YOLO' kind of person. "Oh, well. Do you wanna come down to the hole with me, Drew, Ryan?"

No... I just want to go to bed... "Sure! Why not?" I lie, and Ash beams. "Let's go!" Screw being antisocial. She turns around to march in the opposite direction. I look at my house once more, and then turn too. That book was so good though...

*****

We both reach the rock in about 5 minutes. I'm out of breath from all the walking, but I slow my breathing. I need to work out more.

Drew and Ryan are sitting on opposite rocks, splashing water at each other. They both smile, and wave us over.

Drew was abnormally short. We always joked he was a gnome. I know some people who are veridically challenged, but Drew takes it to a whole new level. And despite being only around 17 years old, has a full grown beard, that looked like it had been growing for quite some time. Guess that's just a perk.

He has simple brown hair, and brown eyes. Deep within his iris' he gives off a sort of innocent aura. Honestly, he seemed like the most kind person, when in reality he would rob a bank for fun.

Drew was dressed in black baggy pants(despite of the weather) and a simple grey shirt(he was a simple kind of guy).

Then there was Ryan. I don't know what to say about him. He was human. He has long brown hair, and I've noticed how in the back of his hair there's a rat's tail growing. A strip of his hair in the front of his hair is dyed dark green, and his eyes are a deep shade of Hazel. He's wearing shorts, and a white shirt. That isn't going to stay white for long. I chuckle to myself.

If I had to think of one scenario for him, it would probably be the time a couple of years ago, when he tried to start a small fire, and almost burnt my house down. I snicker at the thought.

*****

I was 14 years old, Ryan and Ash were 14 too, and Drew was 15. We were all hanging around my house, trying to figure out what to do, on a lazy summer afternoon. We hadn't found, "The Hole" as we call it, yet, so that wasn't an option. All the sudden Ryan jumped up and said, "Hey guys! I wanna show you my Boy Scouts skills!" I snickered and said, "Ryan, you've been in Boy Scouts for not even a year. And you don't even pay attention half the time." Ryan just sneered at me, and grabbed a stick. He had no idea what he was doing.