Chapter twenty

Chapter Twenty

           July 10, 2016

               Sunday

  As LaTrece waited for Brad and Gina, Katherine cooked breakfast.

  "Why you shaking?" Kalvin asked.

   "I'm nervous. I haven't seen my mother in two years. She just pop up like everything all good, but it's not. This shit crazy." LaTrece shook her head. "I'm sorry Katherine... momma."

   Katherine nodded.

  "Chill babe, forreal!" Kalvin looked at her.

  Lamar came to mind and she instantly started to cry.

  What if don't wake up? Lord knows I need my brother! LaTrece thought to herself.

   The door bell rung. LaQuincy got up to answer it.

  "Hey Ms Gina. What's up dad." LaQuincy shook Brad's hand.

  "Hey, where's my baby?" Gina asked.

   LaQuincy moved out the way to let them in. LaTrece sat up and wiped her tears away.

  "Need some privacy honey?" Katherine asked LaTrece.

  "No momma. It's fine." LaTrece said.

  Gina mean mugged her as her and Kalvin sat down next to LaTrece.

  Gina and Brad sat across from them.

  "How are you doing?" Gina looked at LaTrece.

  "No disrespect ma, but cut the bullshit. Let's get straight to the point. Why didn't you call?" LaTrece asked.

   "To keep you safe baby. It was hard but i had to do everything to keep you safe. I'm sorry but I had to fake my death. I knew Lamar would take care of you."

   "So, you just left? No looking back? Did you even think of  me?"

  "I did!"

  "Whatever." LaTrece looked at Brad. "Dad, why you never told me about Quincy?"

  "I was gonna. I just found out he was my son three years ago." Brad explained.

  "Cool. So, my mom is back from the dead, basically! My brother is in a comma fighting for his life! All this killing... this ain't for me." LaTrece face flooded with tears. "Lord knows I need my brother. I can't lose him. I'm out." LaTrece grabbed her keys from the coffee table and left.

  She got in her car and took off. She didn't know where she was going, she just drove.

  *3 hours later *

  LaTrece was still gone and Kalvin started to get worried. He called her several times, but she didn't answer.

  "Where in the fuck could she be?" Kalvin punched the wall.

  "Calm down bruh and think." LaQuincy said. "What's her favorite spot?"

  "Shit, I don't know!  A park about an hour away. Why?"

  "Check there... trust me."

  "A'ight." Kalvin grabbed his keys and left.

  "Lord please let my fiancé be straight. I ain't prayed in a while, but I'm trying to get better. Lord I pray that LaTrece and my babies are alright." Kalvin prayed as he cruised down the highway listening to Kevin Gates.