Chapter Two

Chapter Two

          Nov. 20, 2015

                Friday

   LaTrece and the basketball team were getting ready for their first home game. This is LaTrece's third year playing

The coach wanted her to play because of her weight and height. She was five foot ten and 135 pounds. She was sorry in the beginning, but now she was a beast.

  "A'ight  girls, it's about that time. We have to go out here and act a fool." LaTrece said.

  "You already know. It's the first home game too!" LaTrece said.

  "Alright ladies. It's time to say prayer and line up." Coach Raymond said.

  LaTrece led the prayer. The girls lined up. 

   "LADY COUGARS WHAT TIME IT IS?!" LaTrece yelled.

  "IT'S TIME TO TURN IT IP, IT'S TIME TO SHUT IT DOWN." the girls yelled.

  They repeated the same phrase three times. The crowd cheered as the Lady cougars ran out. Molly and Carolyn had to be the loudest one's. The girl's warmed up. LaTrece and Keisha shook hands with the other team's captain and co-captain.

  LaTrece, Keisha, Haley, Jasmine, and Kim were the starting five. The referee threw the ball up and LaTrece hit it to Keisha. Keisha dribbled down the court. LaTrece ran through the baseline. Keisha passed the ball to Haley, and she passed it to LaTrece. A girl on the other team tried guarding her, but LaTrece shook her up and she hit the floor. She threw the ball up and hit a three.

  The lady cougars won with a score of 65-42. LaTrece led with 25 points.

  "Damm LaTrece you went in tonight." Kim said.

  LaTrece laughed. "Thanks girl."

   "Everybody else is already gone. Need me to wait on you?"

  "Naw, I'm good girl , I'll see you later."

  "A'ight."

   LaTrece lotioned her caramel skim. She put on her black Bobs, high waisted shorts, and a red half cut shirt.

  She ran into Jamal coming out of the locker room .

  "LeBron James just turned into Ciara." Jamal said.

  LaTrece smiled. "Where's Lamar?"

  "He couldn't make it. So, I told him I'd come and support. Need a ride?"

  "Yeah, I didn't drive. "

  Jamal got LaTrece's gym bag for her and they left.

  "Where you wanna go?" Jamal asked.

  "Home I guess. My girl's are out with their boyfriends." LaTrece said.

  "You don't have one?"

  "No."

  "Why?"

  "You ask a lot of questions, damn! Do you have a girlfriend?"

  Jamal laughed. " Naw ma, I'm just chilling."

  LaTrece turned the radio up. Simple things by Miguel played through the speakers.

  "This song is so old, but I love it."

  "You just want the simple things huh?" Jamal looked at her.

   LaTrece never got a good look at Jamal. She thought he was S E X Y .  He had caramel skin and good hair. He had small,  pink lips and gray eyes. He had tattoos all over his right arm.

  LaTrece didn't say anything.

  "You ignoring me now?"

  "No, I'm just thinking."

   Jamal pulled up into Lamar's driveway.

  "What you thinking 'bout?" he asked.  

  "Nothing." LaTrece sighed. "I'll see you later."

  "Wait, I want to talk for a lil bit."

   "Jamal I -"

  Jamal cut her off. "Please."

  "Okay what you want to talk about?"

  "I've been looking at you for a while now. I think I'm really feeling you. I like everything about you."

  "You're saying that because you want to have sex, right?" LaTrece asked.

  "Why would you think that?" Jamal asked.

  "Most of 'em do."

  "It ain't nothing like that. I just want to get to know you. I'm not most of em , I'm Jamal. How 'bout you give me your number and maybe we can do something tomorrow."

  LaTrece put her number in Jamal's phone.

   "See you tomorrow."

   Jamal waited until she was inside before he pulled off.

  He was wondering why she thought he only wanted sex. Somebody must've hurt her in the past. He thought. He was determined to find out. Jamal wasn't really into relationships, but LaTrece made him want to change his mind.

    Alright should I trash it? or keep going? comment and vote ! let me know what you think.