"It was a kiss." She shook her head and eyed the ground. "Just a kiss. It was out of line but it isn't anything I can't talk to him about."

Negan raised his hand and scratched his beard. "I have rules around here." His voice was deep and gravelly. "Rules that my people fucking abide by and if they don't, then I have consequences set so that they know who they're fucking dealing with."

"I'd like to think that this would be an exception," she sighed, running her hand down her face. "Because I'm not just anybody and neither is he."

"We all get the same punishment."

"Bullshit. I know what you're thinking and doing that-" she paused, shutting her eyes. Visions of Carson cowering under Negan's gaze sent chills down her spine. "Doing that isn't going to do shit."

Negan paused, the corners of his lips rising. His eyes shone and his jaw twitched as he moved in closer with heavy steps. Squinting down at her, he played lightly with the handle of his horrific bat. "And what's that?"

"What?" She finally made eye contact, and at that moment realized how tiny she was in comparison to his large frame. Negan shuffled on his feet.

"What do you think I'm gonna do to him?"

Vada hardened her features and looked him up and down. "You know! The same thing you did to Amber's boyfriend, and doctor Carson!" She pressed her hands to her cheeks and tried to regulate her breaths. "It's horrible, Negan."

His tongue pressed firmly to his top lip as if he were thinking over what to say next. "Alright." He raised his hands and jerked his brows up. Vada looked up at him with glistening eyes.

"What?"

"I won't hurt him. Not physically at least. But shit, he's not fucking getting away with it. Someone who blatantly disregards my rules, shows that he fuckin' hates me. Why would I want someone like that around, huh?" He stared down at her with intensity. "Why would I want someone like that around you?"

"We can come to an agreement."

Negan smiled. "Alright."

"We can talk about this, all three of us. Nothing has to be blown out of proportion." She looked up at him with a slightly tilted head. "That's how things should be settled, right? By talking?"

"Not my fucking ideal but if you get him in here I'll give it a shot." He glanced toward the door with all the anger he had in him, then strolled over to the leather seating area. He plopped down on the love seat in a regal manner and slumped his arm around the side of it. Sparing him one last look, she scurried over to the door and poked her head out. She slowly walked into the corridor and turned to face the absent boy.

"We're gonna talk."

Vincent shifted his gaze toward her and seemed to manage the tiniest smile. "Is he gonna burn my face off now?" He swirled his finger in the air. "Cause I've been mentally preparing for it and I think I'm ready."

Vada laughed and shook her head, dropping her gaze to the cement ground. "No, he's not gonna hurt you."

"Really?" He squinted. "I mean I've seen Mark and Dwight and they look pretty fucking bad ass. I wasn't too torn over it."

Shaking her head in disbelief, she patted his back and motioned toward the door. "Alright bad ass, sorry to tell you but I convinced him to omit the violence this time around." She looked at him with a gleam in her eye. "Maybe next time."

"Maybe," he muttered, sauntering into the ordinate room with ease. He didn't seem the least bit frightened, even after he'd had minutes to ponder over his fate in the empty hallway. Following quick on his trail Vada figured it'd be best to sit next to Negan.