3.1 | Emma's Hot Baby Nurse

"Cassie, how do you work your coffee maker?" Ravi called from the kitchen while I was in the bathroom, tending to my messy bedhead.

"You have to push the button on the top!" I responded, applying a thin coat of mascara to my already dark eyelashes.

"What button?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, chuckling and shaking my head as I went to the kitchen to help him.
"This one, silly." I said, reaching around him to press the very obvious button on the top of the red coffee maker. "I thought doctor's were supposed to be smart." I teased.

"Wow, you're mean in the morning." He joked, pulling me against his chest as I squealed, pretending to be fighting his grip. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt and blue boxer shorts while I had stolen his plaid shirt, which fell mid thigh on me since I was significantly shorter than him.

"I try my best." I joked back as behind us, the coffee began to brew. He let me go and I kissed him before reaching up to open one of the cupboards, grabbing two coffee mugs. "You know, the whole production last night across the hall was just a big ploy to get you to stay the night." I said, kidding around with him as I grabbed a bottle of creamer from the fridge.

"I figured." Ravi responded, pretending to wear a sympathetic expression. "That's just wrong. Extorting a baby like that."

"You're right. I should only extort Emma in the moral ways, like being a Disney Channel star and making Pull-Ups commercial cameos." I said sarcastically, pouring us each a cup of coffee. I hopped up onto the counter so I was sitting on it, making head levels a little closer, but he was still much taller than me.

"So. I'm dating a nanny now, huh?" He said, standing in between my knees and playfully brushing his fingertips up and down the outside of my thigh, sending chills through my body.

"That sounds better than 'I'm dating a starved actress,' doesn't it?"

He chuckled. "I'll update my status." He teased. "So I take it you didn't hear back from that casting agent?"

"Well, not yet. They did say it could take a few days, but I've learned in the acting world, you can't get your hopes up too much when it comes to roles." I explained to him as he slid on his dark slacks, which were draped over the back of one of the kitchen chairs.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped, startled. "Crap. That's Ben. Can you get that while I throw on some clothes real quick? I'm supposed to go with him to a doctor's appointment for Emma." I told him, sliding off the counter. He nodded and I hurried back to my room where I took off Ravi's shirt to slip on a striped t-shirt and skinny jeans, sliding on an olive green jacket and black combat boots.

"Ravi, hey... you're... here." Ben said from the hall. He sounded taken aback that Ravi had opened the door rather than me. "Drop by for coffee before you get to the hospital?" He assumed.

"Actually, Ravi stayed the night." I corrected as I joined him at the door, passing the plaid button down shirt to Ravi.

"Well, we're already a couple minutes late. I don't wanna keep Emma's doctor waiting." Ben said in a rushed voice, which was surprising, since I'd never seen Ben try to be on time to anything in his life.

"Right. Lock the door behind you when you leave?" I requested and Ravi nodded. "I'm sorry." I apologized before standing on my toes to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Woah! Got a baby here!" Ben hollered, jumping back and covering Emma's eyes. Emma was facing outwards in a carrier strapped to Ben's chest.

"Yeah, okay." I said, rolling my eyes. "Bye, Ravi." I said as I followed Ben into the hall.