80

Late at night I wake up to shouting. Loud voices coming from down below. Words of O'kasis and screams of terror. I slowly stand up and slip into my armour, preparing for battle, I suppose. The dress layed across the stone with my bag on top. 

I let my hair fall down to my thighs and snarls littered my hair. My hair has been growing out for months now. I take my hair tie and throw it in front of my face and wrap it up into a bun.

I find myself sneaking to the Guard Tower.

There I grab my sword from the table, running my fingers across the blade. It's sharp of enough, and dress into my armour.

On the ground I see the streets are empty, thankfully.

Sprinting to the walls I feel the wind wrap across my face. I quickly climb up and see O'kasis guards standing outside our walls. They had their swords out and all armour on.

Next to me I feel another's presence to my left. I turn my head to see Laurence. "What is the plan?" I ask him. "To protect this village." He responds, starring right forward.

He then places his hand. "Be careful." He tells me. "Same to you too." I respond as I look up at him. His eyes starred into mine, he begins to lean in and in seconds he wraps him arms around me. I feel the world stop, my love for him begins to swell up again. I hug him back and sprint off to the ladder and climb down.

Above, Laurence watches me and vanishes, to help the others. His darkened eyes are gone in the night.

Behind me a O'kasis guard charges in my direction. I plant my feet firmly into the ground and hold my sword in a strong grip. He moves to the left as I go right, my blade rips across his armour out of luck. Blood spills onto the guard as he falls to the ground. "G-Go...to hell...." I hear him whisper. I look down at him, "I know." I respond as I head off.

More and more come at me and the more tire I grow. My sword rips their mail chain armour off and clothe ripping as well. Tears fell onto the grass as the pain slashed through the air.

What has this come to? Why has Zane done this? Where will this go?

These thought buzzed around my skull as I continue to fight. Off in the distance I spot Dante, his blue hair more noticeable in this lighting. He was surrounded, my legs began to run in, knocking over a few full grown men. My strategy is to use my short stature to my advantage. Quick and easy to move around crowds. The haft of my swords whacks the guard in the back of his head, the one who was about to stab Dante. He falls to the ground unconscious and Dante and I go back to back. "Stay focus." He mutters to himself.

Within minutes we survive the haze of guards. "Oh thank Irene." I huff as I place my sword in the grass. Dante wheezes as he sits down. "You okay Dante?" I ask him. He looks up at me, "Yeah..." He responds as he now stands up. "I'm going up the wall." He announces. "Alright. I'll find Garroth." We then both went our separate ways.

Running closer to the village, I search far and wide, not being able to find Garroth close by. All what I can do is hope that he is well and still alive. Lady Irene please protect him.

Hours have passed. I was now in the streets of Phoenix Drop. Everything seemed to have calmed down. All what I need to do now is find Lord Aphmau and everyone else. To make sue that they alright.

My first thought was to go the extra house, the one Zane stayed in, from what I have heard. As I stand outside I hear loud voices of Zoey and Lord Aphmau. I walk up the steps and open the door. The smell of healing potions and herbs spread through the air. I peer into the place, on the bed layed a person. A person wearing iron armour with a green shirt and black trousers. Lord Aphmau and Zoey were talking among themselves, I chose not to listen in. Instead I walk up next to Brendan.

He's breathing heavily and bandages wrapped around his torso. I then hear the door close. I look up to see that Lord Aphmau has left already. "You're here Shay." States Zoey. "Yep. Is there anything that you need help with?" I ask Zoey. "Yes. With Brendan's health and making sure that's he is drinking enough water and eating plenty of food." She tells me. "Okay, but what happened to him?" I question. "He was shot by a bow. By an O'kasis guard." Zoey answers. "Good to know."

That evening I sat next to Brendan's bed. Making sure that he was alright. Which he was of course. And he slept throughout the whole entire night without snoring too loudly.

In the late morning I hear a loud pain-filled groan coming from Brendan. "Shit.... Here try this." I say to Brendan as I hand him a ginger concoction. He drinks it quickly and lays back down. "Have you been here all night?" Brendan rolls over to face me. "Yes I have." I sigh as I now stand up. "Now all what you need is sleep." I tell him. He nods and wraps himself up in the blankets. "Night....." He mutters. "Sure Brendan." I respond as I close the front door behind me.

Please let him be safe as I head off to the Guard Tower.