Chapter 11

Katniss pov

"I can't believe that!" Annie says across the table.

"Ya, what a jerk Kat." Johanna says.

"I mean, we're dating but we aren't a couple? We've been sneaking around for 3 weeks and he says that!" I say still pissed at Peeta.

"I mean guys are stupid. He probably didn't even understand what he was saying." Johanna says and Annie shakes her head agreeing.

"So? What do I do now?" I say not knowing the answer myself.

"Well, I think you should see other guys. Maybe even Cato." Annie says.

"Ohh ya! Cato!! That will totally throw him off. Maybe ask Cato to hangout one day and Eric or something the other day. That will totally make Peeta jealous." Johanna says.

"Ohh nice! That's perfect." I say taking out my phone to call Cato.

"Cato?" I say desperate.

"Uhh, ya Kat?" He says confused. I put it on speaker so we can all hear.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie tonight or something, I'm really bored..." I say with a fake sad voice as the girls told me to do.

"I thought you and Peeta were dating?" He says.

"No, he just asked me to go to the party yesterday. I was too drunk yesterday to understand what I said to you. I've always thought you were adorable." I say giggly.

"Wow where is this coming from?" he says knowing something is up.

"I just wanted to go out tonight, but its okay if you don't...." I say and Annie gives me thumbs up saying that was good to say.

"No, no way. I'll pick yo up at 8?" he says.

"Sure!" I say and hang up before I laugh too hard.

"OMG Kat that was great!" Johanna says and we all 3 laugh.

"Okay so you have 3 hours to get ready!" Annie says.

"Let's finish lunch then we will go to your house to get ready." Johanna says.

"Okay!" I say and soon we get our food and eat.

"Guys, Peeta just texted me asking if I wanted to do something tonight!!" I say in the car as we drive home.

"Ya, no way. Say 'Sorry, but I already have plans.' just like that." Johanna says behind the wheel.

"Okay okay sounds good." I say typing. When we get home Peeta won't stop texting me and so won't Eric.

"Ya because Eric is totally in love with you." Annie says throwing possible outfits on my bed.

"Ya, so is most of the guys at our school." Johanna says agreeing.

"No way guys, that's a funy joke." I say knowing its not true.

"What the heck, do you really not realize that you could have any guy you wanted at school?" Johanna says.

"You guys have problems." I say laughing. They pick out a sweater with black cropped leggings and white sparkly sandels matching my sweater. Annie does my hair and makeup simple and puts on some earrings on me.

"All set! Right on time too! He should be here in like 5 minutes! Is Eric still texting you?" Annie says putting everything away.

"Yep, and Peeta." I say annoyed of texting them.

"Wow." Johanna says laying on the edge of my bed.

"He's here!" I say as I read the text from Cato.

"Okay Kat remember what we said, wait a couple seconds before answering anything he says, and take lots of snapchats so Peeta will see them. Oh, don't seem too interested other wise he will think you like him." Annie says shoving me down the stairs.

"Oh, and don't forget to kiss him a little at the end. Give him something to to remember." Johanna adds.

"Ehh, I don't know about that last part." I say.

"Yes!" They both say at the same time as we get downstairs. I sigh and head out the door were Cato's waiting in his car.

Its a awkward kinda conversation on the way to the movies. We decide on a scary movie once we get there. Once we get candy and drinks, we head to the right theater. Cato and I sit toward the middle and when I sit down he puts his arm around my chair. I smile at him and take out my phone. Snapchats... So Peeta will see. Cato gets in some pictures and we take silly ones and I put them on my story so everyone will see them. When the lights dim down Catos puts his arm around me and I lay my head on Cato's shoulder. It just feels wierd. The movie isn't that scary, but some parts it pops and I hate that.

Someone texts me halfway through the movie and my screen lights up. I unlock in and turn down my brightness.

Peeta- You're at the movies with Cato?

I read it and don't answer.

"Who was that?" He says.

"Oh just my mom." I say putting my phone away and putting my head back on his shoulder. Cato leans in to kiss me and I don't want to. I think about it and realize if I want this to work I have to kiss him just a little. His lips meet mine and I feel nothing at all. Just a pair of warm soft lips on mine. After about 5 seconds I pull back and continue watching the movie.

After it ends Cato takes me out for icecream. I remember Peeta did the same thing with me once. He drives me home around 10:45.

"I had a great time Kat. I'll see you Monday." Cato says.

"I did too. See you thenn." I say as he leans in. I keep the kiss simple, smile then walk to my door. Sunday I have a small photo shoot and I pose with a girl named Hanna for a magazine ad. Most of my modeling is for magazines or for commercials. Next week we have a huge pageant for Mini- Mrs. Georgia. Glimmer and I got 1st and 2nd at our last pageant so we get to go together. Our moms are having us share a hotel, and I'm pretty much sure she hates me. When i get back into the car I get messages from Annie and Jo. Mostly they were saying I should hang out with Eric tonight to defiantly get Peeta jealous. Hmmm... Maybe he'll think twice next time.....

Hey guys! I don't know if I like this chapter, let me know what you think! Vote and comment!!

-xoxoxo Ashley