Chapter 2

Katniss pov

I take a shower and blow dry my dark hair into it's natural bouncy curls. I put on all my makeup and a touch of pink lipstick with a glossy top. I pick out a pair of high waisted denim shorts. I put on a tye-dyed bandoe and a tanktop that says PINK in sparkly letters. I throw on a pair of brown leather flip flops and grab my brown satchel. I grab my sunglasses and phone and go downstairs. After saying goodbye I head outside. Marvel is in his car with half the football team. I thought we were going by ourselves!! Ugh I hate him.

"Marvel, Finnick what the fuck! I thought we were going by ourselves!" I say seeing them in the front seat.

"Calm down brunette and jump in the back." Fin says laughing.

"I hate you." I say angry.

"Here kat sit by me!" Eric says making room for me to sit down.

I enjoy a ride to the movies being pushed and shoved and my ears hurt from the noise the boys made. I walk with Finnicks arm around me into the movie. We walk into the theatre and see half the school here. There's a big section with all the football and cheerleaders.

"Come on Kat!" Marvel says pulling me a seat next to him. Once everyone fits into a seat I take a look behind me. I find Peeta next to Haley. Glimmers bestfriend. His arms around her shoulder like Marvels is around mine. Haley's all over him and he just sits there. Peeta is always with a new girl but he doesn't give about any of them. Just a typical guy. The movies stupid to be honest. I drive home next in between Gale and Cato. I mean Gale isn't that bad. He has the same gray eyes as me, and he's really hot. I mean I just see him as a friend though.

I arrive at the shoot right on time Saturday morning. My mom made me get up at 5:30 to get dress. I had eat then get hair and makeup which took about 2 hours. We had to drive to the beach where it takes place. I get dressed in a simple black bikini. I didn't even bother asking Mike or Lisa what I'm shooting for. My hairs done in simple beach waves and i get a pair of lavender sunglasses with my outfit. Apparently I'm selling the glasses. Glimmer and Annie are here also. We all get in one big shot. Annie throws a beach ball, I'm holding the glasses biting the end and Glimmer is laughing. It's all so stereo typical. We try different things until we get the shot. I go home, shower and change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I call marvel and Finnick and invite them over. They bring over a pizza and we watch a couple movies.

It's Sunday morning and I totally forgot Peeta is supposed to come over. After church I find that slip of paper he gave me and text him my address. I tell my mom someone is coming over to do homework. She has work anyways so she'll be gone. Prim is going to be home at least. I take a shower and leave my natural beach waves in. I put on a pair of leggings and a Victoria secret sweatshirt. I put on a little makeup, but don't bother looking nice, it's just Peeta. At 2:05 I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey Peeta." I say.

"Hey! Nice house!" He says taking it in. Our house isn't that big so I don't know what he means.

"Here come in!" I say leading him in. He walks in and takes off his shoes.

"Is that your sister?" He says as we walk past the living room.

"Yep. Prim come say hi to Peeta!" I shout. Prim comes over to say a quick hello.

"We can go to my room to work on the project if that's okay" I say

"Ya whatever" Peeta says. I lead him up the stairs into my room. I open my laptop on my desk and open up an open document on word. We make small talk then strictly do homework. After a couple hours we finish our project. Peeta kept making me laugh and I actually start to think Peetas not all bad.

"So how about we celebrate over dinner?" Peeta says gluing the last part of the picture on our poster.

"Uhh, sure" I say confused at first.

"I mean we don't have to.." He says

"Nope that's fine I have nothing planned. Let me just call my mom." I say. My mom was actually happy I'm going out. Of course.

Peeta drives me to a local restaurant. It's a casual bar type restaurant.

"What are you getting?" Peeta says from his menu.

"Probably just a salad." I say shrugging.

"Is that all you eat? Kat, your basically a twig. Do you only eat salads?" Peeta says managing a chuckle.

"Actually my trainer and coach Lisa and Mike put me on a diet for pageants and I only eat healthy food." I say

"I see I see. So your one of those girls." He says with a look on his face.

"What type of girl?" I say wide eyes laughing.

"One that worries about how they look." Peeta says serious. That actually hurt. I don't show it though. I used to be over weight as a child. My mom made me not eat as much so I could be skinny. I thought I was fat even as a kid, and grew up being self conscious. Even to this day.

I laugh it off, "I defiantly don't care. It's just for modeling." I say

"Mhmm I dare you to buy a hamburger instead." He says.

"Okay I will!" I say showing him wrong.

When the waiter comes I order a hamburger and Peeta gets chicken tacos. When our food comes the hamburger is huge! I do like food, but I can't eat that much! I'll gain 10 pounds!

"You got a lot of food there Kat" he says laughing.

"Ya ya just watch," I say laughing.

I actually eat the whole thing. I feel sick by the end. Peeta drives me home afterwards.

"Thanks for today!" I say about to leave.

"Ya, I had fun. See you tomorrow Kat." Peeta says and I hurry inside. I call Finnick and Marvel and tell them about today.

"Yay! You finally are socializing with someone other then us!" Finnick says and Marvel laughs.

"I hate you guys." I say.

"Mhmmm," they says and I hang up. The thought of Peeta drifts in and out of my mind all day until its time for bed....

2nd chapter today!! How'd you like it?? Does katniss like Peeta?? Vote and comment!!

- xoxoxo Ashley