Chapter 1

Katniss pov

"Class?" Mr. Beetee tries to contain us.

"Class calm down right now!" He says but we keep making noise. I'm talking to Marvel about football. He tells me about tryouts and everything. Its the 3rd day of school so they have 1 more day of tryouts.

"Okay class if you won't listen to me, then you are all getting assigned seats! Everyone get their bags and come to the front of the room!" He says raising his voice. Ughh I don't know any one else in this class excpet Cato and Marvel. And I don't even like Cato. I get my bag and walk to the front the whole class makes little chuckles.

"Okay since you guys won't listen to me, I'm going to give you seats so you don't talk." He says pulling out a piece of paper. He calls everyones name and we laugh when we see who sits by who.

"Katniss, right hear. Right in the front." Mr. Beetee says pointing to an empty seat in the front row. I roll my eyes and grunt and everyone laughs.

"Peeta, Peeta Mellark you will be sitting by Katniss." Mr. Beetee adds. Ugh! Peeta is a typical jock! Finnick and Marvel are kinda friends with him. They all play football together. Peeta shakes his head and Cato pushes him foward to his new seat.

"Hey," he says sitting down next to me.

"Hi." I say a little to rude.

Everyone else gets placed in their seats. We end up doing textbook work the rest of class. Mr Beetee said we could do it with our new parnters but I don't say one word to Peeta. Guys like him drive me crazy. After the bell rings I am the first to leave and meet the guys by my locker. I notice that Peeta and I have 4 classes together and I never noticed. Guess I really didn't care before, and I still don't. At lunch I notice that Peeta sits with us. Did he always? I talk to the guys like I usually do. I honestly hate being around girls at our school. They are so cocky and think they're great. After shcool I go to pagent training. I meet with my coach, Coach Mike. He's basically been with me forever. He helped me get modeling shots when I was 10 and he was the one who convinced my mom to put me into pagents. I hate him for that, but I love his personality. He's the only pther person I don't mind being around other then Marvel and Finnick. After homework and dinner with mom and Prim, I head to bed.

The next few days go by like any other day, boring and slow. I have a photo shoot this Saturday thanks to my pagent trainer Lisa. Lisa is the one who does all of my modeling contracts, gets me shoots, and books me pagents. Mike and Lisa work together to create my routine and train me.

Today is finally Friday. Marvel and Fin had to be at school extra early this morning to find out what spots they got for football. When they see me they greet me with a huge bear hug.

"Hey guys, what spots??" I say

"I made center, and Marvel made fullback!" He says.

"Omg! That's great!!" I say giving them another hug. We head to 1st when the bell rings, then 2nd and 3rd. After the 3rd bell rings I get walked to my locker by 2 guys on the football team.

"Need me to carry your books?" Eric says.

"No I'm good. Thanks though?" I say confused, why do they keep following me around.

In class, I take my seat next to Peeta.

"Okay class, we will be starting a project today. You will need to write a 5 page report about any cycle that occurs naturally in nature. The carbon cycle, water cycle, etc. You will also need to make a poster with picture of each step of the cycle and explaining each step. It will be Tuesday. You are working with the person next to you. You will be working on it today during class and half of class Monday. I suggest you start working on it tonight at home. You may begin." Mr. Beetee says. Really? A project with Peeta? This is literally what I knew was going to happen.

"So what do you want to do it on?" Peeta says turning his head to look at me. I turn my head to look at him back. I notice his bright blue eyes as soon as I see him. I can't seem to stop staring into them. They are so pretty!

"Umm, uh we can do it on whatever" I say shaking my head remembering where I am.

"Uh, okay? We can do water cycle. Its the easiest." He says taking out a piece of paper. We start getting started on our project. Peeta comes up with smart remarks that make me laugh. I don't really laugh much except when I am with Fin and Marvel.

"So Saturday?" Peeta says.

"Uh excuse me?" I ask confused.

"I mean, Saturday want to work on our project? We need to get it finished some how." he says laughing.

"Ohh, ya sorry and Saturday... won't work. Sunday?" I ask remembering I have modeling Saturday.

"Oh sorry for intruding, and ya Sunday works." he says back.

"No no I just have something... to do Saturday. What time Sunday?" I say back. I don't like a lot of people knowing about my modeling career.

"2? Where do you want to meet?" Peeta says smiling.

"Sure, we can meet at my house if thats okay." I say back.

"Sure, here's my number so text me your adress later. I'll see you at lunch." Peeta says handing me a piece of paper with his number on it when the bell rings. I meet Finnick and Marvel by my locker.

"Guess what I got" i say dragging out each word.

"Hmm?" Marvel says.

"Peeta Mellarks phone number. We are going to my house Sunday for a project." I say widing my eyes laughing.

"Yes! Finally you are socializing! You know we should hook you up with one of the football players, I mean you need new friends." Finnick says and Marvel nods.

"Shut up, I can only stand you guys. Everyone else pisses me off." I say.

"True, no one but us can stand you anyways." Marvel says putting his arm around my shoulder walking me to lunch. I take my seat in between the guys and Peeta comes with the other football players and sits right in front of me. We make small talk about classes and our project. 2 cheerleaders come up to Peeta in the middle of a conversation,

"Hey peetaaaaaa," one of them says. I reconize her as Glimmer. Head cheerleader and she trains at Studio C like me. I know, its a stupid name for a pagent studio.

"Hey Glimmer." Peeta says annoyed.

"What are you doing tonight?? Want to come to a party with me?" She says all flirty.

"No, I'm busy with Alex. Maybe another time." he says.

"Okay, and hey katniss are you going to the photo shoot tomorrow?" Glimmer asks. Shit! Now Peetas going to know I'm a model!

"Ya I am. See you there." I say looking down at my salad.

"Woah your a model too?" Peeta says impressed.

"Kinda." I say.

"Kinda? Katniss is one of the best in the whole studio!! All the little girls look up to her! She always gets first at pageants." Glimmer says.

After Peeta won't shut up about my modeling and pageants I make him promise not to tell anyone. I tell Finnick and Marvel after lunch and they get a kick out of it. I see Peeta in my last class and drive home after school. After my homeworks done and I finished practicing at the studio, I get ready. Marvel, Finnick and I are going to the movies to see a new action movie. Everyone at our school is going apparently.....