|Chapter 1|

Swara's Point Of View

The sun rose, and at once the preparations began. How was i going to handle it all? I've never had this feeling before.

My mom walked into my room with a bright smile and embraced me in a hug happily. "My daughter will get married today" she said with her eyes shining brightly showing her happiness to the world.

It is said that it's every mother's dream to see her daughter getting married and I could feel it now because i had never seen her so Happy before. Not even on bhai's marriage!

But her expression soon changed into a sad one.

"And she'll leave me today" she said softly and broke the hug. She lifted up my chin and looked into my eyes. "Why did you have to grow up so quickly? What was the need? It looks like you were born just yesterday and today, you're all set to leave us. My child!" she said with tears in her eyes..

I wish i could say anything to her. I don't know what to do, what to think, what to say and how to feel.

To say that I'm nervous would be wrong, because I'm a lot more than just nervous. Every nerve in me is giving me small electric shocks every now and then, making me go so numb.

Just then, all my cousins sisters came dashing in my room with huge grins on their faces.

"Good morning Swara" Divya, my eldest girl cousin chirped while sitting on the bed as Shravani, my younger cousin went to take out the jewels from the dressing table while the others took maa away with them to look after the preparations.

"Nervous?" Divya asked me while i nodded softly.

"Don't worry. Everyone gets nervous on the day of their marriage. Even i was. Don't think about it. Just think about the life you'll have after your marriage." she said softly.

What am i to imagine? I've never even seen my to be husband. I've heard that he's good looking and rich, but i know little about his nature. What if he's dominating and tries to gain a control over me?

"Dont think much Swara di! Your parents must've found the best person to marry you off to. I know. He has the most handsome face and the most beautiful eyes and his -- " Shravani wished to continue when Divya stopped her.

"Shut up Shravani! He's marrying her not you" Divya Didi chuckled at Shravani who stuck out her tongue at her while taking out a necklace from the collection to try on me.

"How does this look Swara di?" She asked happily.

"Its beautiful my princess" i said to her. Shravani is just sixteen and even when we don't have much of a age difference, i consider get as my princess.

"Wow! And see, this? Which one looks better?" She asked me excitedly.

I wish i could be as excited as them.

"Di, you know, your husband is so cute. No seriously! His eyes are so lovely. I can't even.. Wow! You're so lucky" Shravani whispered in my ears.

I smiled at her. Obviously she has seen him, and maybe even developed a crush on him, but looks are not everything right?

"And his house! Oh ma! His house appears larger than this entire Baadi. And their hall, Mumma! It had such beautiful furniture, that i couldn't stop staring at them. You're so lucky di" she chirped while making me wear my bangles.