Chapter 4

Edited

A promise means everything,
But once it is broken,
Sorry means nothing
--------------------------------------

"So, what do you want to do?" Urushihara asked. I honestly have no clue. Im not good with coming up with ideas for, well, anything.

"I dont know. Get to know each other better?" He smiled. That smile. Ugh.

"Okayyy, what do you want to know?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I dont know, whats your favorite video game? Why are you sharing a one bedroom apartment with two other guys? How did you guys meet Chiho? Things like that." Urushihara thought about his answers for a minute before answering.

"I couldnt choose what my favorite video game is, probably Portal Palace or another horror game. I am sharing a one bedroom apartment with the guys because its very cheap, and Ive known them my whole life. When we were kids we always used to dream of all of us living at the same place, so we did it. And we met Chiho because Maou is her Co-worker and he invited her over for dinner a few times, and they became friends." I nodded. You learn something new every day, I guess.

"That's nice!"

"Okay, I want to ask you questions now." Urushihara smirked. I smiled.

Go ahead.

"Arent you like 17? Why arent you in school? And why did you come to Japan alone? Did your parents like not want to come with you?" My smile dropped. I have never told anyone about my parents, or my life in general. Chiho only thinks that my parents are letting me stay in Japan because of work. Do I trust Urushihra with this? I mean, its only been a day, but he's the first actual friend Ive ever had. He deserves the right to know. And I think I can trust him to not tell anyone about this.

Urushihara must have noticed I was uneased because his face turned from happy to worried in a matter of seconds.

"Im sorry, I shouldnt have asked." I shook my head.

"No, its okay, you should know. I was 13 years old when everything happened. I was home schooled, and I had just gone home from the library because I needed to study something, I cant exactly remember what. Anyway, when I had gotten home, I threw my bag on the ground and called for my mom, but I remember getting no reply, so I walked into the living room. She wasnt there. I then went and checked the bedroom, but she wasnt there ether. I looked in the kitchen, my room, the bathroom, the game room, I looked everywhere, and she was gone. My dad was at work, and I called his work phone, but he wasnt picking up. I figured he accidently left it at home, or it died or something, so I called his manager and asked if he would put my dad on the line. He told me that my dad clocked out of work three hours prior. I had no idea what to do, so I called my aunt. She came over in a matter of minutes, and called the police. The police filed a missing person report for them, and three days later they got a hit-." I choked back a sob. Urushihara scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, and nodded, encouraging me to continue.

"My moms body was found in the forest a few miles away from my house. She was s-strangled, then stabbed multiple times." Urushihara's grip on me tightened.

"My dads fingerprints were all over her body and her clothes. It didnt take long for the police to connect the dots, and realize that he killed her. My dad was found a week later, hiding out in an abandoned cabin. He's sentenced to be in prison life.

I ended up living with my aunt. She was a teacher, so she homeschooled me as well. Life was good with her. She didnt have any kids, and never married, so it was just us, but I liked it. My parent made a decent amount of money, so we had a lot. I remember going on vacations every summer. She was so kind to me, she even let me play video games whenever I wanted. I laughed. When I told her I planned on making PASTA games as a living, she supported me. She even managed to get a part time job with PASTA. I loved her like she was my second mother, and she loved me like I was her daughter. But then, three years after she had legally adopted me, she got brain cancer. The doctors all told her it was stage one, and could probably be removed, but before she could do anything, the cancer ate threw her system, and stage one became two, then three, then four. She died before I knew it.

Her funeral was amazing. There were hundreds of people there, her students and their parents, her friends, and co-workers, her university teachers. Everyone thought she was an amazing person in and out." I silently cried, and Urushihara rubbed my back soothingly. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"After that I knew I had to get out, that town was cursed. Besides, I had no other family nearby that could foster me, and there was no way in hell I was getting put into the system, I only had a year left until I turned 18. So, I used some of the money left over from my parents and my aunt, and bought myself a plane ticket, and a place here. I said I was 18, and no one really asked questions. The only people that know I am 17 are you guys and Chihos mom. I got accepted as a full time PASTA creator, and even though I have a lot of money, still work there. It helps me feel more normal." I sighed and turned around, hugging Urushihara, and buried my face into his shirt. Urushihara was silent for a moment, before he spoke up.

"(Y/n), Im so sorry you had to go through that. I dont think I would be able to handle that."

"Just promise something?" I asked and he nodded, almost immediately.

"Promise that you wont tell anybody, and this doesnt change anything between us. He nodded."

"I promise."

Urushihara x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें