Chapter 12:Not my home

Jackie took John and Caroline's hands and walked with them to meet Joan with was at the door with her to children.

"Joan! Hello! " Jackie let go of her kids hands to hug Joan.

"Hi Jackie. " Joan retired the hug but the tone of her voice was sorrow.

"Caroline, John go play with your cousins until we call you up for lunch. " Caroline and John ran off with their cousins to show them the tricks they taught their dog.

Jackie put a loving arm around Joan as she helped carry her bags.

One Hour Later

" Caroline, John, Kara, Edward, Patrick! Time for lunch! " Jackie called out. Jackie walked over to a table where Joan and Jack sat.

"Now tell us what happened Joan. " Jack consoled.

"Well at your party Tedd said that finding a new wife might be on his new years resolution. And-and he went of and found other women and I-I left. "

"Anything else Joan? " Jack asked.

"He called me a drunk. And I try not to drink but it's the only way I can stop the pain I guess. " Joan started to tear up.

"Oh Joan it's alright. Now where are those kids! " Jackie sat up and called to the kids again. A few minutes later the five children come soaring in the room leaving the adults laughing.

"But don't get to caught up on Tedd Joan. " Jack patted her back then peered down at his watch. "I would love to stay but the Oval Office awaits. " Jack gave Joan a tight jug and Jackie, John, and Caroline a quick hug and kiss goodbye.