Chapter 11:Stay here a while

The phone in Jackie's office wrang.

"Hello? " Jackie asked holding the phone with her shoulder and her chin as she continued to read the paper.

"Jackie, I-I need to talk to you. "The voice was almost mute but Jackie still knew who it was.

"Joan? About what? " Jackie set the paper down and held the phone to her ear with both hands.

"It's about Tedd. "

"What about Tedd? "

"He cheated on some Spanish test in college and the press found out and I need to get away. "

"Away from what Joan? "

"Him. This house. " Joan sounded tired her words were beginning to slur.

"Alright Joan, I'll get someone from the White House staff to pick you and your kids up. "

"Oh no Jackie you don't need to do that. "

"I can and I will you can stay here awhile alright? "

"Thank you Jackie. " Joan was starting to doze off.

"Go get packed Joan I'll see you when you arrive. " Jackie hung up the phone and satvin her chair for awhile. Then she stood up to go tell Jack what happened.

"Look I'm sorry if your mad but I just had to. " Jackie sat on the edge of his desk crossing one leg over the other.

"It's fine Jackie you did the right thing. " Jack kissed Jackie.

"Your not mad then? "Jackie asked.

"Not one bit. Now I'm sure Joan and her kids will be here soon so go get Caroline and John and prepare to meet them at the door. "Jack smiled and gave his wife a quick kiss on the head before she left and he returned to his work.