Chapter One - The End Where It Begins

“Landon: I’m sorry she never got her miracle.

Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you.”

- A Walk To Remember

Inspired By: Time – Inception [Movie]

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOcU7J9F3E

[A/N]: Please listen to the song if you can, it really helps to understand how I want you to feel the story :) Anyways, hope you like it ! x 

June 21st, 2013

ZAYN'S POV 

"Harry! Open the godamn door!" 

He ran to the front, his brown curls bouncing around his face, and slammed his huge hands on the metal handle. The three other lads were running behind me, breathing hard and with a panicked look on their faces. But I knew it wasn't comparable to mine. I was almost petrified with horror at the thought of what could happen if we didn’t go faster. The adrenaline was pulsing hard in my veins, making every single detail a lot clearer than they would normally appear. My ears were ringing and I felt like I might go deaf in any second now. My heart was beating way too fast and my throat was really tight. It took all the willpower I had not to start crying. I was holding Carly in my arms, her blood leaving small drops behind my steps and her head casually lolling to the side, against my chest. Her face was blank, her eyes closed, but she was still breathing and that's all I needed to keep me going. Our steps echoed on the ugly green walls of the hospital, and soon our voices joined them. Liam and Louis were searching and calling frantically for a doctor while Niall and Harry ran towards the reception to get some help. I was just standing there, helplessly, holding my breath each time Carly's chest did not rise. I wanted to scream at everyone for being so slow while she was dying in my arms, a little more at each second ticking away. She was losing too much blood for it not to be mortal. I was mortified.

"WE FUCKING NEED HELP. NOW."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. Liam and Louis were frozen, looking terrified. They saw how pale Carly was getting and I saw them gulp. An older man, who seemed to be in his forties, started giving instructions loudly at the nurses around him, and soon Carly was being laid down on a rolling bed. He introduced himself as Doctor Connor O’Donnell but I forgot his name almost immediately. I was too focused on keeping Carly alive.

I started analysing the situation. First, she was not responding to what we said. We had tried calling her name, asking her simple questions or to make a small movement, without success. The shock had been too strong and her body had not been able to stand it, and had shut down completely. Her eyeballs were not even moving under her eyelids, meaning she was in a deep state of shock.

Second, her left leg was twisted in a weird way. In the wrong way. It was slightly bended to the left and her kneecap looked like it had moved, too. Couldn’t be good at all. And had to hurt as hell. I bit my bottom lip hard, almost to the blood, thinking that she had to be in an incredible amount of pain right now. Well she would be, if she had woken up.

Third, she had a huge, deep cut on that same leg, bleeding too much. I could see it rushing through her jeans, staining it even more at each pulse coming from her heart. Her skin was getting paler by the second.