Playful Heart [9] Sunday

Start from the beginning

“Cut the bullshit Nikolai. How dare you leave this pack? Right when you were about to be given the greatest title anyone could want.” I opened my mouth to protest, but he gave me a deadly glare, and I closed my mouth right away.

“Your mother and I have tried so hard to make it easy for you. I knew you don’t want to be Alpha and I know I pushed you all the time to be one, but you have to understand that, that is what I wanted. I wanted to have a son who would grow up and take my place. I wan,,ted you to run to me when you were having troubles and couldn’t make a decision.  But after you left, I now realize how much wrong I was doing by pushing this title on you. I won’t lie, when I found you gone, I was pissed.” I heard Tyler snort and Ryder elbowed him in the stomach.

“But after a week of you mother talking to me; I realized how much you needed this. It’s actually really shocking at how calm your mother was.” My dad chuckled and scratched his chin.

“Mom wasn’t upset?” I asked, confused by this. I had thought my mom would be in tears for weeks.

“Oh she was. Imagine going to get your child for breakfast and not hearing him. The fact that she can’t see made it even worse. She was screaming because she couldn’t see or hear you. But after that, she became the voice of reason.”

Did this mean he wasn’t mad?

“So, I can stay?”

“Yep.”

“And you aren’t mad at me for leaving?”

“Oh I’m furious. And when you get back here after your little vacation, expect some serious punishment. Same for you Nate. Tyler’s taking care of your punishment.” And as if on queue, Tyler cracked his knuckles for effect.

“You can’t punish me. I’m not your son and I was a victim.” Nate snapped at my dad, but he just looked at him with a sickening smile.

“I may not be your dad, but after Tyler’s done with you, you’ll wish I was.” I gulped at that and looked at Nate as he paled. I had heard Tyler dealt with interrogations and that he was cold and ruthless when it came to them. But I never believed it because he was so sweet and caring towards me.

I felt a rush of relief going through me, knowing my dad wasn’t mad at me. I know that once I return though, he’ll start at it about being Alpha again, but hey, I missed the fights with my dad.

The feeling soon left as I remembered the other thing I had to talk to him about.

“So, you aren’t mad?” I asked again and my dad smiled.

“No Kolya. Disappointed, but not mad.”

“You’re about to be.”  I gulped back the fear as I prepared to tell him. He looked confused and I took a deep breath.

“I found my mate.” I saw my dad give me a droll look. Even Navaeh and Tyler were giving me the same look.

“How in the blue hazes is that going to make me mad?” My dad asked and I sucked in air through my teeth.

“See—Uh, well…um. Yeah. Uh… it’s a guy.” I said the last part really low and hoped he heard it.

“What?” Damnit.

“Mymateisadude.” I repeated quickly and I heard him grunt in frustration.

“Well you’re succeeding in pissing me off by not saying it clearly.” He snapped and I took a deep breath, looked over and saw Nate nodding his head for me to continue.

“My mate is a guy and his name is Lysander.” I finally said and the silence I was dreading filled the air.

“You’re mad, aren’t you?” I asked and when he didn’t answer, I felt tears forming. I turned to Nate, trying to keep them back. “See! I told you he would be mad and I didn’t want to say anything! Now he hates me and—“