3.

I looked at the clock. It was four in the afternoon. Bruno would be here at seven to pick me up for our date. I didn't know where he was taking me but I figured it would be fun anyway. I mean it was Bruno Mars after all.
Right at the momentum I was trying my hardest to write a song. Any song would be a start but my mind was coming up blank. What was wrong with me?
My phone rang beside me and I lifted it looking at the screen. Roman was what the name said. What the he'll was he calling me for? I decided to just let it ring. I mean there was nothing left to say between us. It was over and he was happy with his new family.
I started strumming my guitar.

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was in the dark
I was falling hard
With an open heart
I'm wide awake
How did I read the stars so wrong

I'm wide awake
And now it's clear to me
That everything you see
Ain't always what it seems
I'm wide awake
Yeah, I was dreaming for so long

I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete

Falling from cloud nine
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
Not losing any sleep
I picked up every piece
And landed on my feet
I'm wide awake
Need nothing to complete myself, no

I'm wide awake
Yeah I am born again
Out of the lions den
I don't have to pretend
And it's too late
The story's over now, the end

I wish I knew then
What I know now
Wouldn't dive in
Wouldn't bow down
Gravity hurts
You made it so sweet
Till I woke up on
On the concrete

Falling from cloud nine
Crashing from the high
I'm letting go tonight
I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
Thunder rumbling
Castles crumbling
I'm wide awake
I am trying to hold on
I'm wide awake
God knows that I try
Seeing the bright side
I'm wide awake
I'm not blind any more

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake

Yeah I'm falling from cloud nine
Crashing from the high
You know I'm letting go tonight
I'm falling from cloud nine

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake

I finished the song and smiled to myself. I did it. I wrote a song after months of not having anything to write about. I was pretty proud of myself.
My phone rang again and it was Roman. Why was he calling me? I decided to answer it.
"What?" I asked.
"Hey." he said.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I just wanted to see how you are."
"Is that seriously why you called me?" I asked him. I could hear the attitude in my own voice.
"Yeah. I mean even though everything happened the way it did between us I still care about you." he said.
"Well you can stop caring about me Roman. You lost that privilege a long time ago." I said.
"Please don't be like this." he said.
"Be like what? Angry that for the last four months I have had to deal with the fact that you cheated on me? That got someone else pregnant? That was supposed to be us Roman. That was supposed to be our chance and you blew it. How could you do that?" I asked.
"I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't mean to hurt you."
"Yes you did. That's exactly what you meant to do. But you know what? It doesn't matter any more because you and I will never be together again. I've moved on from you. So do me a favor. Don't call me again. I have to get ready for my date." I said.
"Wait. Who are you going out with?" he asked.
"Wouldn't you like to know." I said. I hung up and then the doorbell rang. I got up and answered. Roman was standing on the other side. "God, the garbage men always remember the white trash but for some reason they always forget the samoans." I said.
"Come on Katie. Don't be like that."
"You know, like I said on the phone I have a date to get ready for and I have nothing left to say to you." I started closing the door but he caught it with his hand.
"Wait. Please. Just wait." he said. "I miss you Katie. I know I have a daughter on the way but that doesn't mean I don't love you."
"Don't do that. Don't just show up at my door after months and say that you miss me. That's not going to work. You're gonna ruin everything for me. Just leave."
"I can't. Not without you knowing how much you mean to me."
"I don't have time for this." I said. "My date is gonna be here any minute."
"Just hear me out. Once you've hear what I have to say you can throw me out if you want. But I really hope you don't want." he said.
"No. I'm sorry. I can't."
"You owe me that."
I scoffed. "I owe you. You're mind is seriously messed up if you think for a second that I owe you a damn thing. Get the hell out of my house Roman. Now."
I sighed at me shaking his head and then backing out of the house. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands. This is just what I need. Drama starting off a possible relationship with Bruno.

-

Seven rolled around and I was ready for my date. At least as ready as I would ever be after earlier. The thing with Roman never left my mind. Its not that I wanted him back. Its just that seeing him again in person for the first time since we broke up was harem it brought back all of my feelings of heartache. I tried hard to push them to the side though. I couldn't worry about that while I was going on a date with Bruno. He was a great guy and he didn't deserve that.
The doorbell sounded and I smiled in the mirror before walking out of my bedroom and opening the front door. Bruno stood there in a nice pair of black skinny jeans, a white shirt and blue button up. He was wearing a fedora hat and he just looked very amazing.
"Hi!" I said.
"Wow. Look at you. You look very beautiful." he said.
"Thank you." I said. I looked very similar to what I wore at the club except the dress was white, my shoes were black, and my hair was just let down and straight. "You look very handsome."
He chuckled. "Shall we get out of here?" he held out his arm for me.
My phone rang and I looked at it. Roman, again. I ignored it.
"Is everything alright?" Bruno asked.
I looked up at him and smiled. "Yes. Let's go." I said taking his arm and walking to his car.

-

We sat at our table in the fanciest restaurant I had ever been in. Light jazz music played in the background, it was dimly lit, and the wait staff were very professional. I felt like I was in a scene from a romantic movie. All that was missing now was my being silent. It kept ringing off the hook tonight and I knew why. Roman.
My phone got done ringing once again and I looked at Bruno. "That's 13 phone calls since we've been here." he said.
"I know. I'm so sorry." I said.
"Are you sure everything's alright? Because if you need to take that....."
"No. No. I don't need to take it. Its just someone from my past trying to reach out again." I said.
"Oh. Roman?" he asked.
"Unfortunately." I said. "He stopped by today and started blabbering about how he missed me and how I owed him an explanation and all that other stuff."
"He wants you back huh?"
"Yeah. But that's not gonna happen. He made his choice and now he has to live with that." I said.
"Good. You deserve better than that." he said.
I smiled. "So I wrote a song today. The first one in months."
"Wow. That's great. Can I hear it sometime?" he asked.
"Definitely. I was actually gonna ask if you and the band wanted to help me out with it. You know like the beats and the music?"
"Absolutely. I mean it's the least we can do since you helped us." he said.
Our food came and we started eating, laughing and talking about our careers. I felt like I really got to know a lot about Bruno and he got to know a lot about me in return. This date was going really well.

-

We pulled up in front of my place and Bruno turned off the car before getting out and opening my door. He was such a gentleman.
"Thank you." I said as we walked up to my door.
"No problem. I had fun." he said. We walked inside.
"Me too." I said.
Bruno took a couple steps toward me closing the gap between us. I could feel my breath hitch as I looked into his eyes. He leaned forward pressing his lips gently to mine. I deepened the kiss by sliding my hands to the back of his neck and tangled my hands in his hair. He back me up until my back collided softly with the front door. His hands were everywhere on me. I couldn't think. I couldn't do anything. All I could do was melt into his kids and allow my emotions to take over. That was until my phone rang pulling me back to reality. I put my hands on brunos chest and gently pushed making him break the kiss.
"I, um. I'm sorry. I don't think we should do this." I said.
"Do what?"
"I don't think we should sleep together." I said.
"Why not?"
"It just feels a little too fast. I'm not quite ready for that right now." I said.
"Right. Okay." he said.
"I'm sorry."
"No. No. That's alright. It was my fault. I just couldn't help myself." He said.
"Yeah." I said.
"Look, I'm gonna go. But can I call you?" he asked.
"You better." I said.
He kissed me one more time. "Goodnight Katie."
"Goodnight." I said.
He walked out of the house and I plopped down on the couch and sighed happily. Maybe this could turn into something. I mean we have great chemistry. We're in the same kind of business So we understand each other a little more and he was so hot! This could be a really great thing. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.