capitolo 15 :: esposto!

Start from the beginning

That's Giorno!

You audibly gasp, both your hands going to your mouth. Your rifle drops to your side, hitting the back of the driver's seat and falling to the carpeted floor. You gasp again and fumble to pick your rifle up.

"Is something wrong?" Asks Giorno, somewhat passive-aggressively.

Your hand shakily reaches for your glasses and lifts up, and your jaw drops ever so slightly. He doesn't catch on, raising an unpleased eyebrow and folding his arms.

You pull off your beret and pull out your ponytail and that's when he finally gets it.

His face drops from an unamused expression to a shocked one, and you both just stare at each other for a minute, not really sure what to say to break the silence.

Eventually, you put your ponytail back in and readjust your beret, opening your mouth to say something when the car swerves and a loud popping noise sounds out. Well, looks like that's your cue.

You roll down the window and lean out, pointing your rifle and aiming at whoever shot first-- and hitting them more than once-- before easing yourself back into the seat. The sound of a car swerving off the road and then an explosion rings out, and Giorno, appalled by this side of you just sits and stares.

You begin to sweat nervously, wondering when the car got hotter than usual and why all of a sudden you feel like throwing up. So that's what Rosa meant. She probably saw that you were with Giorno often and probably thought that something, well, more intimate was going on.

It was then that your realized that both of your double-lives had crumbled to the floor and the truth had come out, and all that was left to do was to explain. You needed to do it, just not here. And not out loud. So you take out your trusty notepad and scribble something down:

Gio, I'm so sorry
I really don't know what to say other than that-- sorry

Ripping the page out from the notepad quietly and folding it neatly, you throw it on the floor close to Giorno. Then, you clear your throat. "Permission to speak, Don Giovanna?"

"Permission granted."

"You...that fell out of your pocket."

"Oh. Thank you." He reads the note, and looks around for something to write with. You carefully drop your pen on the ground, and he nods a thank you and picks it up.

After a little bit, he hands the pen and paper back to you.

I'm not really sure what to say either. I guess the secret is out, isn't it?

You scribble something down in response.

I can explain to you later. I mean, only if you want to. I understand if you don't

And after another quick exchange, you have a response:

Sure. Expect a visit later tonight.

The car finally pulls to a stop right outside Passione headquarters, and someone opens the door. Just as Giorno gets out, he shoots you one last look before leaving. You're not sure if it's a disappointed one or an understanding one, but something tells you it's more of a bad one than a good one.

As your vehicle pulls away, your hand goes to your stomach, which feels as if it's about to burst. You thought several things at once, some of which included "I really hope he isn't mad", "dear god, I kissed a Mafia Boss", and "what am I going to do now".

All that was left to do was wait for the sun to go down and the stars to come out, and hope. Hope for something good to happen.
---
A/N

---A/N

-Mam