capitolo 13 :: più che amici

Начните с самого начала

A cricket chirps somewhere in the distance and the wind blows softly. As you pull your crossed arms closer to your chest, you're really not sure what to do in this awkward moment together. "Gio, I-I'm...glad you invited me. I know the night's been a little rough, but I'm having fun."

He nods, leaning against the railing. "I'm glad you agreed to come." And after he says that, you both just smile at each other like complete idiots. After he's turned away, your eyes slowly move back and forth from the floor to Giorno, but each time your gaze shifts away from his, it...feels weird. It's almost like you don't want to stop looking at him.

You regain posture and stand up, and he does, too. "I..." you begin, trying to make the moment somewhat better, but your sentence is cut short by the sight of Giorno's signature soft smile, and you look down. Again.

Here goes.

"I...don't really know if this okay to say right now, but I...think I have an attraction to you, Giorno."

No response. Your hand goes for the back of your neck, and you mutter, "S-sorry."

"Y/n. It's fine."

Looking back up at Giorno, he seems somewhat relieved that you've finally broken the news. And...wait, are you leaning into him?

Oh no, you both are. Before you can pull back, his arms are around your waist and yours are on his shoulders. Your brain panics (oh, god, am I supposed to be this close to him? Is this okay?!?) And before you know it, your eyes have fluttered shut and his and your lips are just centimeters apart, and then--

"Giorno!"

You're both startled by the sudden noise, your heads quickly turning in said direction and your hand migrating back to their sides. Looking down the corridor, there's Mista looking worried about something. Giorno seems to catch onto the hint, and turns to you. "Could you excuse me for a moment?"

Even though you're disappointed, you nod shyly. "Of course, take your time. I'll be downstairs." Giorno gives you one last look as if to say "once again, sorry" before he darts down the corridor.

You rub your arm, a little embarrassed at what just happened, then again, the sparks of the moment are still giving you goosebumps and a heat to your cheeks. You weren't sure why you felt this way, your freshman year's countless games of spin the bottle proved that that wasn't your first kiss. Well, almost-kiss.

It's only when you've put your heels back on and gone back downstairs is when you notice that it's gotten considerably late. There are much fewer people around and the little orchestra takes longer to play the same songs as earlier.

About ten minutes of you standing around goes by before Giorno catches up to you. You can't help but notice that he seems...like he's been a little worried about something, but before you can ask him if he's okay, he says, "We should probably make our way out." You shrug. "Sure. I guess it's time."
---
The ride home is silent, unlike other times you'd both have to transport to one place together. It was more due to the fact that you lacked something to talk about. Although, the city lights were pleasant to look at as you sped by.

Once the car pulled up to the gate, you rolled down the window. The guard, who was just about to ask the chauffeur who he was, looks at you in the back seat. "Hey. It's me," you wave at him, and he sighs and lets the car through the gate.

Giorno opens the door for you, even though you were perfectly capable of doing it yourself. Getting those brownie points for later, you guessed.

"Thanks so much for tonight," you say with a grin. He nods. "Anytime. Good night." And he turns away to walk back to the car.

"Wait, Gio!"

He turns back to you. "Hm? What is it?"

You quickly make your way towards him. "You forgot something." It was a peck on the cheek, which thankfully, didn't leave a lipstick mark. After you press the little kiss to his cheek, Giorno seems unshaken, unlike you would have been. He sighs playfully. "Are you sure that's all I forgot?"

You smirk. "What, do you want to pick up where we left off?"

"...Maybe."

You laugh. "Come here."

Thanks to your heels, you didn't have to get up on the tips of your toes like you usually did. But once again, his arms were around your waist and yours were on his shoulders as you pressed your lips to his.
---
A/N

---A/N

-mam