capitolo 13 :: più che amici

Start from the beginning

Mista looks at your shoulder with shock, but then quickly focuses to what Giorno was saying. He looks at you for another second and mutters something quickly-- something along the lines of "Number 7, get back here!"

Giorno looks at your shoulder then frowns at Mista, which makes you a little embarrassed for some reason. "Um, is there something on me?" You ask timidly, and they both erupt into a flurry of "oh, no, you're okay"s and "there's nothing there"s.

Mista clears his throat. "It was nice to meet you, y/n, but, um-- I have to go. For now. I mean, I'll be around." Awkward silence. "Good day." And as he walks away, you could have sworn that he made a grabbing motion by your left side as he walked off and scolded whatever he had taken.

"Well, Mista seems very nice," you mention, and Giorno just sighs. "Yeah. You should see him when he's not as formal as this."

"Oh, hello Giorno!" Someone calls out. You turn in that direction, and it's a woman. You'd never seen her before, but she engages in conversation with Giorno, completely ignoring your presence directly next to him. Maybe she didn't want you to listen in.

As she continued on about whatever, Giorno shot you a look as if to say "sorry about this." And you mouthed back an "it's fine," and pointed behind you to signal that you'd be walking around.

And you turned around and walked maybe three feet before one of the stewards stops you and offers you some expensive white wine in a fancy glass. Even though you don't feel deserving enough to take one, you do anyways. After all, it can't be bad to escape the commoner life for one day, right?

"Good evening, miss."

You turn to your side and there's a man in his late forties standing there. He's short and well, pudgy, but he's probably just being polite. "Hi-- I mean, Good evening to you too." And with that you divert your attention away from him.

"Are you here alone?"

You turn to him, a questionable expression on your face. This is getting weird. "I'm...no. I-I'm not." He grins, and attempts to take your hand. "Mind taking a walk with me?" Drawing your hand back, you begin to stammer out a "no, I'm alright," but--

"She's not interested."

You look up to see Giorno. With an upset expression. It's the first time you've actually seen him genuinely upset, but even though you're not the one who it's directed towards, you can't help but feel somewhat nervous.

He puts and arm around your waist and turns you away, and you both walk off. You're still a little surprised by the feeling, and he catches on and lets go. "I apologize."

"O-oh no, it was fine! I, um, kind of enjoyed that actually." You can feel your cheeks getting red. He seems to be happy that you didn't think the unexpected contact was weird.

"Since we really haven't gotten much time to spend together down here," Giorno begins, offering a hand to you, "let's take a walk, shall we?"
---
He seems to know every corridor like the back of his hand as you both wind in and out of doors and rooms, making small talk like you used to on those random moment you'd meet. It was nostalgic, in a sense.

Eventually, you both get tired of walking around and decide to just watch the huge fountain in the garden outside from a balcony above. Your heels are off, laying somewhere off to the side. You couldn't stand them anymore.