Truth is

I sat upstairs in the bedroom that Koti had occupied for the next week and a half. I stopped going to the college, having dropped out all together. I felt empty, lost and dead inside now that she was no longer with me. I felt the same way I felt the day that Rosalie died. Oh Rose.

I knew if Rosalie could someone contact me that she would tell me I should move on. That I should be happy, and that I should follow my heart. I did exactly that and it led me to Koti. I knew that no matter what happened, where I went and what I became that Koti would always have my heart. I loved her and I couldn't deny that. I couldn't deny it anymore than I could deny that I was a vampire.

Speaking of vampire, vampires had needs and mine was to hunt. I needed to quench the burn in my throat. I rose to my feet and moved to the open window before I jumped down and landed on my feet. In a split second I took off running towards the lining of the forest and let my instincts take over. The moment I started tracking I stopped, I had to remember that Koti could be somewhere in the woods and if I caught her scent that was the end of it.

If I wanted to hunt I'd have to do it the old fashion way. Using my eyes and ears and tracking animals. I headed into the forest and began scouting out my first kill. Lucky me there forests up here were teaming with them. I caught three and sucked them dry before I decided it was time to return to the house.

The moment I walked over the threshold I stopped. Something was different, or atleast smelled different. The scent wasn't unfamiliar, I recognized it from somewhere. Closing the door behind myself I followed the scent which brought me upstairs to Rosalie's bedroom. There on the bed was Koti. The moment I entered she looked up at me.

I watched as she moved quickly to her feet, her hands behind her back.

"You came back." I said as I moved slowly forward. I listened carefully for a increase in heart beat but it didn't come. "So you aren't afraid of me?"

She nodded her head as she moved forward slowly. "Yes I came back. I left because I was afraid of you but all the time I was gone I realized that I missed you more then I was afraid of you."

I lifted my arms and wrapped them around her before I pulled her close. "I would never hurt you." I murmered and I brought my lips to her forehead.

She lifted her arms and wrapped her fragile limbs around me. "I knew that from the beginning, I just forgot." she replied.

I sat down on the bed and brought her into my arms. "Tell me how you became a vampire." she asked me as she stared out the window.

"I was hiking in some forests near my home town of Tenessee and was attacked by a bear-" I pointed to a picture of Rosalie on the wall. "She found me and saved me. It was 1935 when I was changed into a vampire."

"How do you change into a vampire?" She asked me.

"Vampire venom. Normally its to paralyze prey so it is easier to take them of their blood but if a human comes in contact with a bite but isn't killed they are turned. It takes 3 days of the most agonizing pain before the changing process is finished."

"So your fiance?"

"She was really my wife. But yes she was really killed but not by an animal." I replied.

"What killed her?" Koti asked.

"New borns. They are vampires who are less than a year in their vampire lives. Two of them crossed her path while we were out hunting and I wasn't close enough to protect her."

"Hunt? Like humans?"

I shook my head. "No my family are vegetarians, we only drink the blood of animals. We never hurt humans." I said as I began playing with her beautiful golden hair.