Chapter Twenty Seven

I hope you enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Seven

Several weeks had passed since my last meeting with Snowflake and I did not find myself regretting the decision.

It had been hard being without my lumeleopard, however, I was given multiple things to do to pass the time. I was given time frames to try on new clothes, selecting which ones to wear when I was presented to the public in each region. I was given more lessons, which I dreaded, but was gradually becoming better at.

I spent my free time with Spirit, my päästja's horse. He had been right; Spirit was an excellent listener. I told him of my day and what troubles had occurred. He listened quietly each time, looking at me with understanding eyes. Not once did he judge me, but instead seemed to enjoy our time together.

I spent much time with my päästja as well, when he wasn't busy. Most days, we had a late dinner together because he had skipped eating to catch up on work. It was becoming easier and easier to persuade him to leave his work behind and eat. We would stay together even when we finished, both of us catching one another up and simply enjoying each other's presence.

It is what we were currently doing, Chef Mason having made us a baked salmon dish. We were both finished, our plates stacked on top of one another and pushed to the side. We were enjoying light conversation about nothing in particular. It was when he discussed travelling that the conversation grew.

"Where would you prefer to be if you could visit somewhere new?" Prince Gordon asked, his green eyes on me. I smiled, tilting my head up in thought. Travelling wasn't something done within the leap as it was a right reserved for the leader, or in our case Kai's parents. Even then, they had seldom left the village.

My eyes lit up before I replied, "I would visit the ocean. The room I am in looks just as I imagined it would! I am not sure what I would do when I arrived. Perhaps lay in the sand." He laughed at my answer, amused.

"You have not been? It is truly one of the most beautiful places to go when you are alone. I have not been in quite some time," he said, and I shook my head.

"How can you when you work so often, päästja?" I teased before adding, "Perhaps when everything is over you and I will go to the ocean and swim! We can spend the night and watch the stars light up the sky." I could imagine it now, seeing something so ilus.

Prince Gordon did not respond right away, causing me to believe my words had been too abrupt. He would not be interested in seeing me anymore when everything was over, would he? There was no need and I would only be taking up unnecessary time.

"Prince Gordon, I did not mean to-" I started, the words rushing out but he interrupted me with a question.

"Are you busy, my dear?" I looked at him, studying his curious face. It was such an odd question that I was not sure how to answer.

"Busy when?"

"Now? Do you have plans after I leave?" he added, awaiting my answer.

I was slow to reply. "No, I do not. It is much too late to do anything. Do you?" I asked, growing more and more curious as to his sudden change.

He then smiled, his face brightening at my answer. "I do have plans. Would you like to accompany me for the rest of the evening?" he asked, thrilling me. It was kind of him to consider me, however, I did not expect less of my päästja.

"I do not want to burden you, Prince Gordon. I will-" I started, but he shook his head standing up before I could finish.

He offered me his hand, which I took without hesitation, rising from my own chair and facing him. "You are never a burden, my dear. Would you like to accompany me?" he repeated, and this time I found myself nodding, wanting to spend more time with him.