Guess What I Heard!

I had hoped people would forget about my 'announcement' but based on the looks I was getting, they hadn't. I sat in my  first period English class trying to ignore the glares and snickers. I knew my face was probably bright red and I wished so badly that I could be anywhere except this classroom.

Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, "Mr. Bureaux can I please go to the washroom?"

"Sure Persy, go ahead"  Mr. Bureaux said dismissively before turning his attention back to the lesson. I hurried out of the classroom and sighed in relief once I was safely in the hallway. I headed to the washroom and splashed cold water on my face. I looked in the mirror and sighed again. This was going to be a long day...

***

Finally, the lunch period arrived. I hurried to the caf and sat in my usual spot. I was taking out my lunch when I felt a hand settle on my shoulder. I jumped and turned to see Jason standing behind me. He smiled widely.

"Hey beautiful!" he exclaimed.

"Excuse me?" I asked, dumbfounded. My bangs fell into my eye as I stared blankly at him.

"Here let me get that for you" Jason said, leaning in and tucking my bangs behind my ear, hand lingering on my cheek. He started to lean in closer.

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed, pushing him away.

"Crap..." Jason murmered," I have to go."

With that, he got up and walked away. I shook my head as I started after him.

"Persy, Persy, Persy!" Chris yelled as he ran towards our table. He was panting heavily by the time he got there.

"Whoa! Calm down! What's up?" I asked.

"You'll never... guess... what I heard!" he said.

"Why? What did you hear?"

"Well you know how I have gym second period?"

"Yeah..."

"Well a bunch of the guys were talking in the changeroom about your announcement."

"Oh man-" I started but Chris held up a hand cutting me off.

"Just listen! So they were talking about it and if I heard them right, they took what you said as a challenge."

"What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

"Well, your comment made a bunch of the guys realize that you were one of the only girls none of them had ever won over and you were pretty enough that you were worth their while. So... they made a bet that the first guy to get you to kiss them was officially to be named the king of all players."

When he finished, all I could do was sit there, mouth hanging open.

"That's just... sick" I said.

"Ew, I know right? Some guys are just such... dipwads" Chris sighed dramatically.

I gave a small laugh and rested my chin on the table, suddenely not hungry.

"Hey, uh, Penny?" some guy I didn't know asked.

"One, it's Persy and two, G.T.F.O!" I snapped.

The guy frowned at me but complied. I turned and rolled my eyes at Chris. He just shrugged. Yep... today was going to be a VERY  long day.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello (vote) again (vote) everyone (vote),

What's (vote) Up? (vote). If you liked the chapter please comment and vote. (vote) :P Anyways, until next time :D................. (vote....)