chapter thirteen

"He's really not going to school today?"

"Of course he is– Obviously not, you dummy, you can't see him anywhere near us, can you?"

Yuna frowns and raises her hand, closing it into a fist and shaking it at his face jokingly, "This, this will hit your face if you don't stop being annoying. Just because we've become closer now doesn't mean— Yerin!"

At this, Woojin immediately looks to the front, to the direction where Yuna is waving her hands at and where Yerin is jogging over to them with a smile on her lips and her hair tied back.

"Hey!" Yerin tosses her arms around Yuna's waist to hug her ince before flashing a wide smile at Woojin, who greets her with his voice much softer now and his ears bright red. "Where's Youngmin?"

Yuna sneaks a glance at the boy beside her, to see that his smile is constantly flickering and he is fiddling with the strap of his bag. "Youngmin's out today, he's calling in sick."

"Ah, why? What happened?"

Woojin shakes his head, "He got hit with a soccer ball."

Yerin winces visibly and sighs, simply stating that she hopes he'll get well soon, and Yuna notices how Woojin's lips form a thinner line and he wets them before speaking again.

"Should we go now? We might miss the bell if we don't leave now."

Yuna quickly tosses her arm around Yerin and Woojin's shoulders respectively and marches them towards the red street light a few meters ahead. There are no exchange of words between them, but she can feel that Woojin is very tense and is somewhat trembling.

When they arrive at the campus and Yerin leaves first to rush over to the library for some last minute whatever, Woojin and her are left alone together and she faces him just as he exhales a deep sigh.

"You alright?"

"Are you?"

Her eyebrows furrow, "What do you mean?"

"Do you know who Youngmin likes?"

"Well, it's definitely not me." Yuna laughs forcedly and Woojin tilts his head slightly to the side, staring at her for a moment with a confused look in his eyes before shrugging his shoulders.

"Now, do you know who I like?"

"Yerin." She says automatically. "Pretty obvious from the way your ears turned red and you became all shy again— You're never like that around me, what's the deal?"

"You're my friend, why would I be shy around you? Anyway, I have this feeling she likes Youngmin and that's weird– Should I go ask Donghyun what he thinks? He's really smart and he can read people– I mean, he's weird, in a good way, but sometimes, he can be really–"

"Woojin." Yuna interrupts his long train of thoughts, snapping her fingers in front of his face. "Your point?"

"He knows who you like, who Youngmin likes and who I like without even talking to us about it. He just watches you like some creepy stalker who's always following you–"

The bell suddenly rings from inside the building, and Woojin's, who has a class right at the first bell unlike Yuna who has a grace period of ten minutes because her teacher is always late, eyes widen as he involuntarily curses under his breath.

"Bye, Yuna! Talk to you later!"

__________

i actually wrote this in a sort of rush, so sorry if it's terrible... 😅