chapter six

"Why are you so quiet all so sudden?"

At this point, she'd really like to tell him about this crush on him that she's had for quite a while now, or just talk about anything in general, like how she almost got hit by that volleyball yesterday or how Yerin is going on a blind date on the weekend, but nothing comes.

She has absolutely no idea what to do nor what to say, because all she can think of is what he said to her about him liking his friend.

"Uh, I have a test in math later."

"Oh, you do? Did you study already?"

"Of course I did." she nods quickly and stops walking to adjust the strap of her bag over her shoulder.

He tilts his head at her. "You didn't tell me you had a test, I would have came over and helped you study-"

"Nah, I'm fine. I didn't need your help anyway, I got it all covered."

Youngmin takes a long look at her before tearing his gaze and tossing his arm around her. "Alright, then, if you say so."

It's rare enough for them to have a conversation in the morning on the way to the campus but maybe it's because that things have somehow changed between them that their habits have also changed. 

Well, it's not that he has changed; it's that she has because now she knows he likes someone else and she doesn't know what to do.

It's also probably because of the fact that she has been making up excuses to not walk back with him in the afternoon, saying that she has something to do and that she'll walk back with someone else instead.

"Oh, you know," Youngmin suddenly speaks up when they're nearing the campus, "Donghyun told me something funny the other day. He said that you're avoiding me, but I think he's joking." He chuckles for a moment, then stops and looks at her, a more serious glint in his eyes now. "You're not avoiding me, are you?"

Yuna's eyebrows suddenly go up, as she quickly shakes her head, a somewhat lie slipping past her lips so easily.

"Of course not."

A small smile tugs on the edges of his lips as he lets out a sigh of relief. "That's great, I almost believed him for a second." He laughs, then adds, "He also said that he thinks you like me."

She freezes. This guy Donghyun seems to be really observant if he noticed even that from the very few times he was with Youngmin when he went to her.

"But you don't like me, do you?"

Yuna doesn't say anything. It's just her luck that by this time, they're already on the school campus and someone unfamiliar to her suddenly whisks Youngmin away without giving him a chance to say something else.

"Hold on, Seongwoo, give me a minute-"

Hearing this, her heart skips a beat as she watches him walk up to her again, a different expression on his face from anything she's used to. She bites down on her lip and curses inwardly when he stops directly in front of her.

"Tell me you don't like me."

So she does. "I don't."

__________

....this feels so...sad..;;;;;;;