Machines and men

Forerunner Outpost
Twenty-three clicks from the Cryptum
Requiem, Northern Hemisphere

Midnight wanderer grew what was called, impatient.

For several hours, a rouge Ancilla had been trying to reawaken the prisoner kept here, as soon as it heard that humans had entered the planet.

Speaking of them, she monitored the conflict that was thankfully far from the cryptum. Her sentinels had examined said conflict, and determined the largest concentration of it was occurring where one of the near-human ships had crashed.

One of her sensors had picked up something driving towards the fighting.
A screen lit up in front of her, looking through one of the sentinel's eye, she immediately recognized one of the beings to be the reclaimer, and they were heading towards where the largest desert meets one of Requiems many jungles in a canyon.

As she studied his obvious class-two suit, which she noted was useful to have when any of the flood were around, especially the air spores.

She felt a strange pulse in her systems, and immediately matched the source to belong to the rouge ancilla.

As she projected herself into the core data systems, only to be zapped by a pulse of energy. The magnetically conducted hard light had 'wrapped' around her robotic spherical body.

This isn't good. She thought to herself, realizing she was trapped, and the ancilla was free.

Meanwhile, 23 miles away

"Kenobi!" Grievous threw a clone trooper onto the ground furiously. His eyes focusing on the general who was riding in some primitive looking vehicle.

He didn't recognize the being driving said vehicle, but couldn't find any sort of care.

The battle was clearly one sided, the droids had surrounded the clones and had overwhelmed them continuously.

Grievous had enjoyed lashing his anger on the battlefield, killing over a dozen clones and had been searching for Kenobi.

The vehicle slammed into a droideka before coming to a stop, a few troopers took cover behind it while Kenobi and a massive man in green armor hopped out in front of him.

"Hello there, Grievous." Obi Wan activated his lightsaber, "have you met my knee friend?" He gestured to the towering soldier behind him.

MasterChief raised his rifle, killing a pair of B2 battle droids before taking aim at Grievous.

"I'll deal with him, see what you can do about those tanks!" Obi Wan shouted to Chief as he readied his lightsaber.

Chief nodded and ran with Cody towards a large defensive line being pounded by several Separatist tanks.

MasterChief fired his BR while running, gunning down several droids before they could even fire upon him.

"Who the kriff is this?" A clone exclaimed in surprise at the massive soldier.

"Long story trooper," Cody quickly stated as he fired towards the droid line. "We gotta focus on this before worrying about anything else."

"I'll take of the tanks," Chief reloaded his BR and checked his grenades, "divert their attention once I start."

"Yeah, like that's possible." The clone shook his head and ducked behind their barrier, which use to be a working AT-TE.

Chief placed his rifle on his back, which magnetically attached as he climbed up the wrecked walker. Chief pulled out a bubble shield as he jumped into the fray, chucking it forward, he dodged a tank shot and his in the bubble shield, which was able to withstand a couple hits before he grabbed it and kept running forward into the line at near bullet speed; Chief had entered what was simply known as 'Spartan time'.

A droid tank tried to back up before taking another shot, giving Chief the opportunity to jump into its barrel, which was now pointed down.

Once on, Chief saw the top hatch open up with a droid yelling at him with a blaster in hand.
"Catch." Chief tossed a frag grenade at the droid, who surprisingly caught it, only to foolishly drop it when Chief ran towards it and jumped from the tank, which exploded in a fiery ball behind him.

The two other tanks tried to take aim at the Spartan, who instantly ran towards the leading one. Droids fired upon him, but were gunned down as clones started advancing on the broken line.

"For the Republic!" A clone shouted as he fired into a pair of droids, then stopped to look at the MasterChief do his work, and destroyed another tank. "Look at him go!"

Clones cheered as the tide changed in their favor, the droids were being cut down fast, with the most falling to the Chief.

Meanwhile, Grievous and Obi Wan were neck and neck in their duel. With two sabers in hand, Grievous was able to keep up with Kenobi's incredibly fast attacks.

"Surrender Grievous!" Obi Wan shouted.

"Not until all of you Jedi filth burn!" Grievous lunged at Obi Wan, barely missing and cutting into the dirt below.

"Your forces are being beaten back, you can't hope to win."

Grievous coughed as he took several steps back, looking across the battlefield. He locked eyes on the MasterChief, who cut through his troops like a knife through butter.

"Fall back, regroup at the ship!" Grievous ran from Obi Wan, cutting a clone in two and threw the pieces towards Obi Wan.

The cyborg pushed several droids to the side as the Republic troops were gaining the upper hand in the fight.

"Call in a shuttle and kill as many clones as possible!" Grievous ordered a B1 commander droid that was driving a tank.

"Roger, roger!" The last of the tanks opened fire at the advancing clones.

Grievous fell back as multiple droideka's rolled up towards Kenobi, but Grievous knew this battle was an inevitable defeat, with Obi Wan's return, and the strange soldier, his forces were now outmatched.

"Shoot that ship down!" Obi Wan yelled at his troops.

Grievous saw the shuttle escorted by a gunship touch down several meters from his position.

The droids attacked aggressively, giving their general all the time he would need. As he chuckled to himself, Grievous couldn't help but think about the mysterious warrior that was destroying his forces, and as the shuttle flew from the canyon his comlink went alive.

"General?" A droid addressed him. "We've picked up several unknown contacts that have entered the planet, big ones."

"I'll be at the ship soon."