Friends? 《2》

I love this story now oml, I think I might enjoy writing this.

Enjoy~

_______

I pumped my legs harder, trying to get home. My legs kicking up the so called snow behind me. I ran up the front steps of my new house, slammed the door open, then closed it. I was breathing heavily, not realizing that Katherine was no where to be found in the living room.

I tilted my head, confused, then called out for her.

"... Katherine?"

No response.

The car was in the driveway, so she must be home. I headed upstairs to see little droplets of a red substance on the floor. My eyes flicked over to broken glass on the floor, and I suspected that she had been cut by a piece of glass. Usually she wasn't this clumsy, so this was a bit odd.

I had finally realized what had happened.

I infected her with buckets filled with the substance.

"NO! KATHERINE!" I screamed, running to her room.

I knocked down the door, and what I saw was burned into my memory forever. Her lifeless body was sprawled about on a white bed, blood and the black goo just oozing out of her chest and mouth. Apparently she had been stabbed, and I cringed at the smell, tears already streaming down my face. Her veins had been filled with what I was made of, black vines coursing through her arms and legs.

I fell to the floor, crying.

"No... I did it again..." I sobbed, covering my mouth from the terrible stench in the room.

_______

After that day, I had lived on my own. The government had lost connection with me, and had no idea where I was. They're probably still searching for me, which it's been a couple of months already, and they aren't doing a very good job. I never left the house unless I needed something.

I had stolen many things, including blankets and pillows. The old couch, more worn down than ever, was used as my bed. Too many blankets and pillows crowd the floor. I stared out the window, watching the kids play outside, snow falling down in front of me.

One boy caught my attention though.

He had a blue chullo on, black hair, and a blue jacket with matching pants. He looked about my age, sixteen or seventeen. He had something in his mouth that was burning, and smoke had been blown out from the burning embers.

Was it called a cigarette? I believe so.

Didn't that cause major health problems? Probably.

He was leaning against the fence to the school, looking at the snow below him. He looked very... Handsome? Was that the word to use? Yeah. He was very handsome. I could see his deep blue irises from a distance, and smiled to myself. I found myself staring at him for too long, and he glanced at me. I jumped and his behind the wall below the window.

After a couple of seconds, I lifted my head up to see if he was still staring, but I was met with a deep blue fabric outside of the window. I gasped and jumped up to my feet, holding one of my blankets close to me.