Chapter 3

I entered the Helgen Keep, Ralof by my side. Inside was a person with the same armor as him, but dead. Ralof prayed for his dead comrade and I felt pity for him, he looked really sad. Now done with his prayers, he cut my cuffs off and told me to grab the armor and weapons since he wouldn't need them anymore and sadly he had no family... What a tragic life, no offspring to live up to his memory.

Armored and ready, we fought our way to freedom, fighting Imperials, giant spiders and bears. It was all new to me, wielding a sword, firing a bow, the armor that weighted down my shoulders. It was new indeed, but so familiar at the same time, it felt weird, kind of like a dejá vu. It felt like I did this all my life, the sword swing freely without effort and the precision of my shot was... Oddly satisfying.

Finally out of the keep, I feel relieved, the cold air of the mountain felt amazing on my sweaty face. I hear the dragon roar in the distance and see it flying away. I was grateful to that damned thing, it saved my hide.

Ralof proceeded to thank me, almost as if he was obbliged, I could notice the worry in his voice, probably thinking about how his family and friends were, since most of his friends were dead back in Helgen. I started to think; Do I have any friends? Do I have any family? Do I have anyone that worries about me? I felt disturbed by the sound of my thoughts rushing through my head and yet, I feel helpless since I can't answer my own questions. Well, better take a deep breath and move on. No good will come with overthinking this matter. Anyway, what were you saying Ralof? Sorry, I wasn't listening.

He was inviting me to go to his hometown, and I accepted, in hope someone or something to help me figure out who I am, where I came from and how I ended up in this messed up situation. It was driving me crazy, not knowing my name, my origins. It wasn't normal, not knowing who I am left a void in my chest, but even though that space was empty, it hurt, a lot. Invisible wounds always hurt the most, as it seems.

Nothing around me looked familiar, but then a name Ralof mentioned ringed a bell, Riverwood, where did I know that name from? Not knowing anything was driving me paranoid.

I was brought back to reality when Ralof shook me to show me three standing stones. He said there were 13 stones like those, each one with a different sign, standing in front of me was The Mage Stone, The Thief Stone and The Warrior Stone. He explained me the meaning of the stones and told me to choose. Involuntarily, I chose The Warrior Stone. A white beam charged against the sky almost as if a warrior was piercing his sword against an invisible enemy. For a second, my life made sense. A flash came to me, a laughter, a child's laughter... What? Another thing for me to worry... Where did that come from? Was that me as a child? Oh well, another sleepless night awaits...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!! Thank you for reading the chapter!! I really hope you like it! If you did, please share this with all your friends who like skyrim! There are more chapters to come every sunday! That's it for now, BYYYYYE!! ❤❤